General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Sold My Bike - Hung 'Em Up for Good

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:51 PM
lencap
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the very kind and gracious thoughts.

I'll certainly be on the forum "from time to time" as they say. Once you've been on a motorcycle you never really give it up, you just move into a different phase of riding. Going to the dealership, hanging out, chatting, that's all part of the mystique of riding, and that is what Harley riders experience all the time.

I've had many bikes, many brands and types of machines. Many were "technically" better than Harley, at least on paper, but NO BRAND has a better group of owners.

I lost count of how many charity rides, "support our troop" rides, "toys for tots", and "rider down" events I've been to, but no matter what the economy was doing, no matter how tight finances were at home for anyone that attended these events there was always a spare dollar or more to go to someone who needed it more than the donor.

That's the memory that will stay with me forever - Harley riders give of themselves, the bike is a tool - a way to become part of something greater. It's not something that's a marketing slogan, it's truly a way of life.

Thanks to all of you for sharing that with me over the years. It's the true treasure of riding.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by lencap
Thanks to everyone for the very kind and gracious thoughts.

I'll certainly be on the forum "from time to time" as they say. Once you've been on a motorcycle you never really give it up, you just move into a different phase of riding. Going to the dealership, hanging out, chatting, that's all part of the mystique of riding, and that is what Harley riders experience all the time.

I've had many bikes, many brands and types of machines. Many were "technically" better than Harley, at least on paper, but NO BRAND has a better group of owners.

I lost count of how many charity rides, "support our troop" rides, "toys for tots", and "rider down" events I've been to, but no matter what the economy was doing, no matter how tight finances were at home for anyone that attended these events there was always a spare dollar or more to go to someone who needed it more than the donor.

That's the memory that will stay with me forever - Harley riders give of themselves, the bike is a tool - a way to become part of something greater. It's not something that's a marketing slogan, it's truly a way of life.

Thanks to all of you for sharing that with me over the years. It's the true treasure of riding.
Good on ya Len. At 62 I'll facing the same decision in the next 5-10 years and we all know how fast that goes by. Good luck!