General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scam - Bogus Cobra USA Contest

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM
wilsoda
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scam - Bogus Cobra USA Contest

Just got an email claiming to be from Cobra saying I won a helmet. Did a search and found posts on the m109 and Roadstar fourms about the same email so they appear to be targeting riders.

----------------------------------

Dear COBRA USA member,

The prestigious Cobra USA Team has set out and successfully organize a contest marking our community 7th anniversary ,The online draws was conducted by a random selection of our members email addresses and your email was selected among the 10 lucky winners of this amazing award (Icon Airmada helmet)

Old 07-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

They're everywhere...always be on alert and ensure your AV, malware & updates are current.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by wilsoda
Just got an email claiming to be from Cobra saying I won a helmet. Did a search and found posts on the m109 and Roadstar fourms about the same email so they appear to be targeting riders.

----------------------------------

Dear COBRA USA member,

The prestigious Cobra USA Team has set out and successfully organize a contest marking our community 7th anniversary ,The online draws was conducted by a random selection of our members email addresses and your email was selected among the 10 lucky winners of this amazing award (Icon Airmada helmet)

My e mail was a bit different, it just said I was a contest winner. I was suspicious as I hadn't entered any contest on the Cobra site. Then I knew it was a scam when I saw it was sent from brailleauthority.org. I couldn't see how they could possibly be connected to Cobra.

The Cobra site warned that their site had been hacked and not to click on any links or give out any personal information.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:43 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,264 Likes on 11,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
My e mail was a bit different, it just said I was a contest winner. I was suspicious as I hadn't entered any contest on the Cobra site. Then I knew it was a scam when I saw it was sent from brailleauthority.org. I couldn't see how they could possibly be connected to Cobra.

The Cobra site warned that their site had been hacked and not to click on any links or give out any personal information.
Braille Authority? Could be a new blind motorcyclist association.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Gas Hog 1
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Braille Authority? Could be a new blind motorcyclist association.
Yea they have been around for a while now. They are the ones that got the flat black color schemes started..claimed they looked good..

Now they have lots of people convinced..so yea total scam.