General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the need to post about wrecks

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

<p>
Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Not sure the purpose of the link...didn't seem to have much to do with the topic at hand. Is there some hidden agenda here?
</p><p>No, it's a motorcycle wreck....is there something you're reading into it?</p>

Last edited by Juan L; 07-25-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:31 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
<p>Did you guys see this?</p><p>http://butthatsnoneofmybusiness.com/...lag-off-truck/</p>
Theft didnt pay off for him this time around either

Old 07-25-2015, 07:54 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

I usually don't read those threads but I used to and posted on them. I didn't make a thread when I was rear ended last month because it wasn't that big of a deal.

But seeing the title of those threads is enough of a reminder that I need to stay aware.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Andy02
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kanelakos
I dont mean to sound cold hearted but I hate seeing posts about crashes and wrecks. It would be like going to a scuba forum and seeing "joe got eaten by a shark today" or " Sue drowned yesterday when her gear malfunctioned."

I read posts like that all the time on Scuba diving forums. Not that long ago, a woman was killed off the coast of Catalina when she got stuck diving in the kelp fields. When her body was found, her dive knife was still in the sheath. Tragic, she likely would have lived had she thought things through a little bit.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:23 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,501 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
I dont mind learning from other peoples mistakes but could get by just fine without some of the gory pictures
Perfect post.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:31 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
Well for what it is worth, there are a few on this forum that believes
in the lord God almighty, and power of prayer. Now if you crashed and got busted up would you rather us Christians not bow our heads for you, and your family, who is going to support them, and pay your bills while you mend? I do not believe that any of us on the forum rejoice over a bike wreck, but it can also remind us not to loose our fear, because once the fear is gone a person thinks that they can not be hurt, and they take chances that they shouldn't.
Amen! the great thing about prayer is that its the faith of the one praying, not necessarily of the one being prayed for.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:33 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I like them. At worst they remind you not to get complacent. At best you may learn an avoidance strategy.
If you prefer riding in LaLa Land, don't click on them.
Exactly right and succinctly put.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:39 AM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

As a former founder of a technical diving forum I can assure you that this type of post does happen in those forums. Its a learning thing, by discussing what happened we educate ourselves and others and, hopefully, prevent the same thing form happening to others.

And yea, a little sympathy and kind words for the person who got hurt doesn't hurt a thing (speaking from experience as a person who posted about his own screwup).

Old 07-25-2015, 09:08 AM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Whenever I see one of "those threads" I'm torn on whether or not to click on them. 90% of the time I do, and they make me realize that every time I get on the back (like, in about 15 minutes), I might not come back. So, before I head out the door, I always say a quick prayer. It's all I can do.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:11 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,544 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
<p>Did you guys see this?</p><p>http://butthatsnoneofmybusiness.com/...lag-off-truck/</p>
shouldn't have stole the guys flag, simple!