General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slowest shipping EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:20 AM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Slowest shipping EVER!

Help

Print

In transit
Departed FedEx location
CHICAGO, IL

Ship date:

Wed 2/24/2016
LITTLE CHUTE, WI US

Scheduled delivery:

Thu 3/03/2016 by end of day

SANFORD, NC

I know I'm impatient. But, waiting SUCKS! A week for my stinking A/C to get here!

Old 02-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Philphine
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

of the three main delivery services (usps, ups and fedex), fedex is always the slowest for me. that could be because the main ups hub is here, and usps is everywhere, but when i'm watching tracking of a fedex delivery it seems to get close to here, then they hand it to some drunk who wanders around the area with it some before they get to my house. down to lexington sometimes, up into indiana, sometimes both, then finally to me.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:46 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Not even close to the slowest, I once sent a box of small parts from here in Michigan to Alberta Canada. It went to China first.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:49 AM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Philphine
of the three main delivery services (usps, ups and fedex), fedex is always the slowest for me. that could be because the main ups hub is here, and usps is everywhere, but when i'm watching tracking of a fedex delivery it seems to get close to here, then they hand it to some drunk who wanders around the area with it some before they get to my house. down to lexington sometimes, up into indiana, sometimes both, then finally to me.
My experience is much the same with FedEx, however, the two packages received yesterday had their scheduled delivery date improved by two days while on the road.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:56 AM
89FLHTC
Supporter
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Waiting sucks!

Old 02-25-2016, 11:13 AM
mdm
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't get in too much of a tizzy about ship times. I remember when everything was 6-8 weeks for delivery unless you paid a fortune to get it quicker. Also spent too much time overseas where you were lucky to just get it - some day.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Is this a FedEx delivery the entire way or is FedEx going to hand it over to your local post office for delivery? Some of the Super Saver type of shipping I've had on my orders, FedEX passes the package off to the Post Office for delivery- that often adds at least a day to the process. Regardless, a week isn't horrible- especially for the cost savings I usually find over buying local- if I can even find it locally.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:35 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Is this a FedEx delivery the entire way or is FedEx going to hand it over to your local post office for delivery? Some of the Super Saver type of shipping I've had on my orders, FedEX passes the package off to the Post Office for delivery- that often adds at least a day to the process. Regardless, a week isn't horrible- especially for the cost savings I usually find over buying local- if I can even find it locally.

You beat me to it, My last 3 shipments FedEx handed the package off to USPS and no tracking info was available and it took several days longer than they said it would.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:07 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

I always wonder where these packages go to take a week or so to arrive. I have paid the extra before for faster delivery and have been burned on that also and no refund.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Looks like Boardtracker ........... they have to have it delivered to them from HD first and then they send it out. I've never had anything from them come in less than 10 days! But the price is always nice .................

Forum member sent me deflectors from the mid west somewhere not long ago, took over 2 weeks, yeah I got edgy ............

Quick Reply: Slowest shipping EVER!