General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is Direct Cycle Parts to do business with ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 09:04 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,031 Likes on 652 Posts

I have had several purchases from them. They have given me no issues. Had great prices and the parts I ordered were shipped fast. I even got a free t-shirt out of one of the orders too

The following users liked this post:
nick@nite (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 04:15 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 423 Likes on 325 Posts

yeah..my first order from them and I am not impressed. I have asked to cancel and a refund. I will see how long this takes. most businesses don't charge you until they have the product but these guys charged me from the beginning and never stated it wasn't in stock.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:33 PM
mjsdouble
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

They use to be local for me until they moved to Texas. I’ve always had great service and prices from DCP.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:00 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, yes that is correct, we also do not charge you if something is not in stock. If you pay with PayPal, then it is paid when you press submit, we do not get to decide.
in that case, if something is not in stock we refund you as soon as the order is processed.

We try to list if something is in stock or not, but due to having multiple suppliers, and ever changing inventory levels, with the recent addition of delays related to covid, it’s almost impossible to have a 100% live and accurate inventory.

I am sorry we did not have what needed available. We try to stock everything we can and are just as upset as you with back orders. We all ride and do not like our bikes to be down, or projects delayed.

If you PM your info, I can see what we can do to make it up to you.

Originally Posted by memphisharley
yeah..my first order from them and I am not impressed. I have asked to cancel and a refund. I will see how long this takes. most businesses don't charge you until they have the product but these guys charged me from the beginning and never stated it wasn't in stock.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:31 AM
scott_0
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,931 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by DirectCycleParts.com

If you PM your info, I can see what we can do to make it up to you.
good on you for reaching out to make the customer happy

Old 03-10-2021, 05:36 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Why is it the DCP replies on HD Forums saying they are on top of it, but when I send an email, just receive an automated response? Still waiting after ordering in Dec. Only one response was will take 4-12 weeks. And I did use PayPal and charged up front. Will wait until end of March to see if they fulfill or not.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:51 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure, we literally sit here all day and answer emails, calls, and texts.
If you are checking on something that says 4-12 weeks, its probably a Thunderheader, and we have not been able to get a hold of them this week. They also are just at a very extreme delay right now. We still have orders from October and Novemeber that are not fullfilled.

If you have not received a response with a status, it is because we also do not have any answer. We try to respond to everyone regardless, but it gets kind of old for both parties, when we just keep sending emails with the same "We dont have an answer yet."

Honestly, we are about to change the website to show 4-18 weeks or something. There are just so many orders that are over 8 weeks old and everyone seems to think that its on us. We do not make them. If there was something we could, we would. We have almost every other brand in stock and can have delivered with-in 1-3 days.

Either way, PM me your details, and I can look.

Originally Posted by DonN
Why is it the DCP replies on HD Forums saying they are on top of it, but when I send an email, just receive an automated response? Still waiting after ordering in Dec. Only one response was will take 4-12 weeks. And I did use PayPal and charged up front. Will wait until end of March to see if they fulfill or not.

The following users liked this post:
FattyMcJ (03-11-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 09:22 AM
Fatt Tony
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just going to throw in my two cents. I have now ordered around 3k from these guys and have had no issues. I can almost always get ahold of them by phone. Its a small group, and I talk to Markus usually. He knows his **** and has been nothing but helpful. I had to return a nacelle I ordered as it was the wrong style, again no issue. I ordered the wrong generation pushrod, and was able to call in and get the correct one shipped. I get good email responses in a timely fashion and the prices are unbeatable.

I wanted a black HPi 55mm TB with 1.760" runners for my 04 TC 107" build. That combination was not listed on their site among the many options, so I called in and Markus got it ordered for me no problems.

I was also pleased to find out they're a small crew operating out of Texas. I'm happy to do business with a small company in the USA, gives me the feel goods as my old man owns/operates a small company and ranch and I run a small garage in northern Utah. Support the little guys.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:53 AM
Jm64
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry direct cycle parts

Anyone else have this problem?
Just bought a carburetor from the website for 163.96, received an order confirmation, then an invoice, then another email saying the price is now 200.00, someone (Heather) said they didn't know the price went up. so I cancelled the order. lol.
Back to Dennis Kirk!!!!!