General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming eagle pro super tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:10 AM
Pudge211
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Br125
I use a folder on my desktop for my tuning files.. after the update to version 10 absolutely nothing was deleted and I can open and adjust my files just fine.
So what was changed in the update ?

Old 08-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

The interface got a minor facelift. The main page appears to be a M8 motor with a "screamin' eagle" AC. There's a dialogue box that pops up whenever you open the program that asks if you want to use the "tuning guide." Seems to be an update to make it a little more friendly for end users and some updates to the interface that make the program a little more user friendly.

No major update and, yes, you can still change the a/f ratio to whatever you would like. The sky isn't falling and this update looks like it was probably in the works for a little bit and not just a knee jerk reaction to the EPA nonsense.

**that is unless they wanted to make the program easier for the home tuner because people won't be able to get them tuned at the dealerships anymore.. which is actually a very good possibility.

Tuning files are .dt0 files.

edit:

Here is the changelog:

Vehicle Support:
Model Year 2017 Vehicle support has been added with new calibrations.
Software Enhancements:
A new streamlined Smart Tune and Reflash process has been implemented with yes/no questions to improve the ease of use for the novice user.
Smart Tune modifications to allow the user to modify the front and rear tuning tables at the same time instead of tuning each cylinder independently.
New user tutorial screens have been added to the tuning and reflash procedures to help guide the novice user. The user has the option to turn these tutorial screens on/off in Setup and Utilities.
Improved calibration selection process which will display the description for a calibration prior to selecting.

VCI recording enhancement to eliminate the potential to lose a recording if the recording button is not pressed before turning the key off.
Recording and Calibration save procedures have been simplified to default to a single location to make it easier for the user to find recordings or saved calibrations.

Operating System:
Super Tuner software is approved for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) and Windows 10 (64 bit) system.
Language Support Enhancement:
Chinese Language support has been added.
Check for Updates:
"Check for Updates" feature will automatically update versions 7, 8 and 9 to version 10.
Help File:
Help file has been updated to reflect the changes to the version 10 software.
Web Based Training:
Web Based Training has been updated to reflect the changes to the version 10 software.

Last edited by Br125; 08-24-2016 at 10:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pudge211 (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:24 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,812 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Mine was setup via a dyno. I have no desire to update anything. I have enough snap to know the tuners firmware will be updated to comply with the EPA since the lawsuit. When it comes time to upgrade the engine with a rebuild I'm thinking it should still be able to tweak as long as you don't download their updates. Just my two cents.