General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good grief! (financing ad)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: Good grief! (financing ad)

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

A guy I know tried to finance a Harley but HD Finance wouldn't give him a loan, nor would any bank. I guess he has the world's worst credit rating or something. The Harley shop owner finally agreed to finance the bike for him if hegot the co-signature of a credit-worthy individual. He signed the deal and the shop charged this dude 22% interest. [:'(]

I believe I'd have gone without the new bike.
Nothing like a monthly reminder of how you got nailed in the rear w/no lube...

I wonder if having everything on the same note (as you mentioned dan) would be cheaper in the long run (depending on the interest rate). Having that much of a tax deduction might help alleviate it, along with a possible lower interest rate, but I don't know if that would counter the longer loan (for the bike, car, etc.)

Old 05-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ten years would be through some financial outfit other than Harley...............and I can tell you that there isn't anyone getting 7.99% for ten years.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:38 PM
4merRacer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironic that on this site there are soooo many that say they can do without this or that before selling the harley. So there's probably those that will do whatever they must to own a harley....even ridiculous financing. A smartperson would take a year, do everything right and get his/her credit rating up so it's not necessary.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:40 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of years ago many people were refinancing their houses and paying cash for new Harleys. Now, the re-fi bubble has burst and it's back to business as usual. You've got to be more creative now, or wait for the right moment. It's probablyat least part of the reason that sales are down andthere are so many bikes on the floor at a lot of the dealers right now. With the '08s due in a couple of months, there are going to be lots of leftover '07s.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I've heard of 120 month financing on RV's, vettes and the like but a H~D? Does it include the first top end job?

Old 05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

A guy I know tried to finance a Harley but HD Finance wouldn't give him a loan, nor would any bank. I guess he has the world's worst credit rating or something. The Harley shop owner finally agreed to finance the bike for him if hegot the co-signature of a credit-worthy individual. He signed the deal and the shop charged this dude 22% interest. [:'(]

Ouch!! Damned glad I'm not his co-signer... lol

Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Tactical1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

I've heard of 120 month financing on RV's, vettes and the like but a H~D? Does it include the first top end job?
they probably crunched a bunch of data and realized that most riders nly do 500-1k a year, so 10yrs isn't as risky mechanical-wise for Harley...

Not really a bad risk for Harley, but theperson buyngis getting ****-probed[&:]

Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Tactical1

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

they probably crunched a bunch of data and realized that most riders nly do 500-1k a year, so 10yrs isn't as risky mechanical-wise for Harley...

Not really a bad risk for Harley, but theperson buyngis getting ****-probed[&:]
I don't know. If someone has to finance for 10 years they probably don't have money to pay for maintenance. They might drop it and not bother to get it fixed. If you have 10 year financing you will upside down for quite a while.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

I can't imagine the shop wanting to extend credit like that, sooner or later they would get paid in full from someone else.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
pmedic433
Tourer

My worst financial mistake was buying a boat on a 10 yr. note. I did pay it off early. I will never do that again!!!! IMHO the extention of credit notes to 10 yrs on vehicles and I have heard of interest only notes, and 50 yr. notes on houses. You have people who are "qualifying"(sic) for loans they have no earthly business getting. Then these same people get into jams and wonder why!!![sm=wtf.gif]

Quick Reply: Good grief! (financing ad)