General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howdy- I'm yo new neigbor

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 06:12 PM
oldcrusty
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Howdy- I'm yo new neigbor

Which valve spring spacer goes where? I've got a short one and a long one. Exhaust short spacer/intake long spacer or the other way around?

Old 03-11-2017, 12:08 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 734 Posts

Welcome to the forum from southeast PA!

What bike are you working on? Might help to know some details.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:21 PM
oldcrusty
2nd Gear

This DAMNED computer lists this sight as "hdforums.com". I guess I stumbled on to "3rd rate comedians who ride ready mades forum.com" by mistake. Sorry.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcrusty
This DAMNED computer lists this sight as "hdforums.com". I guess I stumbled on to "3rd rate comedians who ride ready mades forum.com" by mistake. Sorry.
What you got is a bunch of people welcoming you, and as shown here, a request for more information, since you provided practically nothing.

Originally Posted by nevil
Welcome to the forum from southeast PA!

What bike are you working on? Might help to know some details.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:53 PM
oldcrusty
2nd Gear

Looks like I'm having as much trouble figuring this forum stuff out as I am putting this 1954 KHK motor together. I provided absolutely nothing.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:43 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Looks like I'm having as much trouble figuring this forum stuff out as I am putting this 1954 KHK motor together. I provided absolutely nothing.
It's OK oldcrusty. I'm south of you in Okmulgee. If I remember right lash on the intake is .300 -.600 and exhaust is like x 2.5 the intake numbers. So a fast mock up and measure should fix you up.

One of my Grandfathers used a K series engine as a diesel fuel pump driver for a huge engine that drove his cotton gin in the old days before they sold the gin, store and land and moved off the farm.

In the late 60's I was allowed to fart around with that old K because it was worth nothing. A 3hp Briggs and Straton mower engine was worth more than the Harley mill.

Send me a PM.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
oldcrusty
2nd Gear

Thanky, psyshack! I'll give that a try. Nice bike you've got there! When I get the engine running & I have TOO many more problems with it, maybe I can use it to get MY cotton gin back up!
Do your kin know what they did to you by allowing you to mess around with old Harley engines at such a young age? Thanks again.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,870 Likes on 6,927 Posts

It's all good! Nothing to be sorry about. Welcome from North Carolina.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 PM
oldcrusty
2nd Gear

Thanks Cosmic, I guess I get kinda facetious sometimes. You're right about that Jesus comment!

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 09:38 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Thanky, psyshack! I'll give that a try. Nice bike you've got there! When I get the engine running & I have TOO many more problems with it, maybe I can use it to get MY cotton gin back up!
Do your kin know what they did to you by allowing you to mess around with old Harley engines at such a young age? Thanks again.
Yeah my kin folk taught me a lawn mower engine is worth more than a Harley mill. Thats why I've only owned three Harley out of the 100 plus motorcycles I've owned and ridden in 50 years. Lefts face it. The OVH Briggs engine in my riding lawn mower is a better mill from a engineering stand point than the M8 in my RK. Harley and engineers? The two mix like oil and water. Hell they couldn't design the V-Rod engine. They had to pay Porsche and a firm in Europe to bring that mill together.

Riding the RK is like screwing a fat chic older than I. Big and slow but gets the job done and wont break my heart when it dies.

Quick Reply: Howdy- I'm yo new neigbor