General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of riding coming up in April...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Lots of riding coming up in April...

April is one of my favorite months for riding and this one is shaping up nicely. My bride and I are leaving next week for 10 +/- days in the canyons of Utah. I tow my Dyna SG behind our 24' Class C on a nice little Kendon single trailer. We plan to set up in an RV park near Moab and then ride a different national Park every day{Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Natural Bridges - we have already done Bryce and Zion several times}.

As soon as I return the bike goes to my indy for a fork flush, brake and cam tensioner inspection and I'll do a full fluid change {oil/filter, trans and primary}. The following week I will be heading to southern California {from Tucson}, to take the Advanced Rider training Course {Advancedridertraining.com}, on April 21 - 23rd.

The initial classroom session is scheduled for Friday night, 7 - 10, up in long Beach so I'll make the 420 mile ride to San Diego {my old home town}, on Thursday and spend the night with friends. Friday afternoon I'll be headed up the 100 miles to Long Beach and will just crash at a hotel for the night rather than ride back to San Diego after the class.

Saturday morning bright and early I'll ride down to San Marcos (north San Diego county), for the day one of the riding portion of the class. This session will incorporate a lot of what the Ride like a Pro series involves among other skills. Sunday will be more of the same and adding in high speed braking/handling.

My best friend lives in Vista so I have a great place to stay for the weekend. Monday I will head east out past Palomar Mountain and down the grade through Borrego Springs, east through Glamis before picking up I-8 west of Yuma. Yuma to home is only 3.5 hours. The whole trip should be right around 1,200 miles and hopefully the class will pay some serious dividends in the riding skills department.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 667 Posts

Sounds like some great riding and valuable training. Nice to have the MH as a home base for day rides.