General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,562 Likes on 731 Posts

Who sits on the passenger seat, clearly the dog likes their scent?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:46 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,156 Likes on 723 Posts

I'd shave his butt and make him walk backwards....

Then I'd buy a new seat.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Dogs chew. You have to keep anything you value out of reach. I have a 13 month old Golden Doodle. The chew that lasts the longest and holds his interest are these:http://www.jonesnaturalchews.net/kneecap.shtml

I get them at Tractor Supply.
This works well too:
https://www.chewy.com/west-paw-desig...g-toy/dp/43039

Sorry about your seat. Kids and dogs wreck your life. But who else you gonna love?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:55 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,846 Likes on 1,354 Posts

1. I'd never own a poodle and every dog I get, I get as young as I responsibly can.
2. I'd be re-homing that particular dog after that. Not sure I'd ever be able to get past that and not taint my treatment of the dog from there out.
3. I'd be kicking myself in the *** for not properly training my dog to leave **** alone that isn't specifically it's to play with.

We keep a treat dish on our living room coffee table. 1 time, every evening when the lil' lady and I sit down to watch TV together, our dog comes up to the treat dish and nudges it with her nose, while looking at us. We tell her to do a trick and she'll usually sit pretty but occasionally throws out another of her 6 or 7 tricks. Then she gets a treat and walks away, happy and satisfied. We leave her alone on the property every now and then, with a doggy door so she's always got access in and out. She NEVER takes a treat without it being given to her. She has a few toys and a small collection of barrel bones to play with or gnaw on when she's feeling uppity.

It's not that big a deal to do with 'em when they're young and I do the same with every dog I've owned, the same as my father taught me growing up with dogs. I've only had to put the treat dish away when dog-sitting for others. Point being... it's a great tool to train your dog to have patience and respect for the things in and around your home. It's not easy when their young and excitable but it really pays off after they mellow out a little.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to find a "rescue" dog young enough to train to my standards (I do know they're out there... but it's all about timing), so that's a little bit of a drag but I'd rather keep one from becoming a rescue, than getting one and not having a strong and trusting relationship with it.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

If you can still find it..
Right Guard aerosol deodorant spray will stop chewers immediately. Safe for most things you spray it on since it's safe for your pits

Old 07-18-2017, 08:07 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks like the pup has good taste or can you prove that he really did if? 🤑

Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Maybe learn something about doggy psychology. What's the dog trying to tell you?

Separation anxiety? Pent up energy that needs to expended? Smart dog that is frustrated with boredom? Etc...

Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Roni
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by T^2
Maybe learn something about doggy psychology. What's the dog trying to tell you?

Separation anxiety? Pent up energy that needs to expended? Smart dog that is frustrated with boredom? Etc...
Q: What's the dog trying to tell you?

A: Dog Whisperer here. The dog is trying to tell you this, "It was the cat. I was just trying to put it back together. Honest."

(Note: In this business, Poodles have a nasty reputation as liars, so you might want to take that with a grain of salt.)

The following 3 users liked this post by Roni:
CrBear (07-20-2017), Green Dart (07-19-2017), tpitman (07-22-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roni
Q: What's the dog trying to tell you?

A: Dog Whisperer here. The dog is trying to tell you this, "It was the cat. I was just trying to put it back together. Honest."

(Note: In this business, Poodles have a nasty reputation as liars, so you might want to take that with a grain of salt.)

Old 07-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

Start training the dog. A properly trained dog is one of life's great pleasures.

Call Mean City Cycles and have your seat rebuilt.

Quick Reply: What would you do?