General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson sucks d---

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:35 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by brudford
In all fairness and kidding aside my 883 Iron is my first real street bike I have ever owned . I'am 55 years old and now that the kids have graduated college bought the Sporster about two years ago . Had dirt bikes my whole life until I was forty years old . Back in the 1970' s we lived in San Jose CA and at one time my Father had two Triumph 650's, a BSA and a Norton in our garage. I used to ride them illegal without a license as a teenager, but CA was a different State back then . Maybe in 15 years when I'am 70 I might want one of those Geezer bikes with a GPS system and a radio . Took a 2017 Softail Slim for a ride at the dealer here in Western PA and I really liked it . I was surprised how nicely it balanced and handled. Only problem being 5'7 my left foot was a little short to the shifter peg . To the original poster I would be pis...d to if my service was not stellar . You paid a tremendous amount of money as much as a SUV would cost, you deserve to have things just right with no excuses or run around . When this cuurent generation of older riders pass on the younger generation will not have the disposable income to buy those $40,000 bikes and Harley will have to get back to it's roots of smaller more affordable bikes like the Sporsters .So Harley and it's Dealerships should be kissing **** to make the big $ bagger owners happy .
I think it has less to do with the riders age as it does experience on the bike and how many miles they ride per year. You may be older, but you're still a motorcycle noob; when you've got another decade under your belt, you may think differently, you may not. Hell, there was a time I thought windshields were for sissies, but that was a long long time ago.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:39 PM
QNman
Supporter

Originally Posted by Mycvo
Hello so I did do leg work when I was riding I took photos and a video plus I send then everyone the dealer watch the video and we're on my side I think "hd" hates when the customer is right. I went through 4 customer service advisors before I got one that rides a ss and he did really care it took him 2 days but he got it done my hats off too him
Just so we're clear... this guy DOESN'T suck d---. Right?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:12 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
Just so we're clear... this guy DOESN'T suck d---. Right?
Even if he does, who gives a $hit? He got the bike fixed, correct?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:31 PM
QNman
Supporter

Originally Posted by sailmotion

Old 09-18-2017, 04:01 PM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Are you typing on a Mac? There seems to be no commas, periods, shift keys, etc. Is this really how you talk....
Used to be a guy on the Honda Fireblade's forum. He was a sysop surfing from work most of the time. His workstation was a Sun system, it capitalized every character after a blank space character. Talk about difficult to read. He did have a good command of English and formed sentences and paragraphs complete with punctuation.

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Well he got another head unit, I tend to believe there's something wonky going on in the BCM since the new units all take digital signals from the switches through the BCM bus now. Be interesting to see if it continues.

I took my 16 in 5 or 6 times for an intermittent switch fault error code, it was showing as not responding to input, eventually they just replaced the switch pack, no more error codes, and my stereo problems quit as well, it would occasionally freeze up for no apparent reason.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,555 Likes on 3,804 Posts

A real Harley doesn't come with a radio & gps. .... As long as there is a road in front of you, you are fine and there is plenty of time to listen to tunes when you are knocking back a couple.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 09-18-2017 at 04:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LXT (09-18-2017)
Old 11-29-2019, 05:18 PM
cwk84
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Triggered You ride a girls bike, period. Most girls ride big bikes nowadays, not squirtsters, so you're almost in a class of your own. I think Lowes sells lawn mowers with comparable dyno numbers.

I've had more bikes than I can remember, I owned a sportster too, when I was 16 and in HS. You probably have an 883 no less. With extended forward controls an open pipes too. Typical
No need for a college essay reply either

And for the record, It's Kool-Aid not "cool-aide". Some sort of laxative you've been drinking for the butt hurt squirty you ride.

You sound bitter mate. The size of the engine or bike is irrelevant. What's important is what the customer wants to do with any given bike. I ride because I want to corner fast and efficiently and that's why I ride a sportster. It's agile and fast with some modifications. I always laugh when I see a group of boomers thinking they're the **** with their big 1800cc machines until they see nothing but my tail lights in the far distance because they can't keep up with me on curvy roads either because they lack the skills to handle those heavy cruisers or due to the size of the bike itself. On top of that they wear no gear because why protect your body when it looks cooler to ride without protection right?

Hey, I gotta ask you, though...are you, by your own logic, riding a girl's bike since there are guys put there who ride even bigger and more powerful bikes than you? If you can corner like a pro with a boss hoss, you can officially call me a ***** riding a girl's bike

Last edited by cwk84; 11-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:25 PM
cwk84
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
A real Harley doesn't come with a radio & gps. .... As long as there is a road in front of you, you are fine and there is plenty of time to listen to tunes when you are knocking back a couple.
Yeah that mentally is why Harley is losing sales. Newer generations ask for more than a brand name and a certain feel riding a bike. By the way, why are you texting on an online forum? Real guys still write letters to each other like back in the old days man. As long as the message arrives you are fine. Oh wait what it's more efficient to use modern technology to connect with people? Oh guess what, it is
also more efficient to ride with GPS.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:30 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread?

The following 6 users liked this post by IzzoQuazzo:
deadhawg (11-29-2019), Neggy ZRXOA 5248 (11-30-2019), nevil (11-30-2019), QNman (11-30-2019), sailmotion (11-29-2019), SPRINGER (11-30-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)