General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Francisco HD Shop info needed for visitor

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM
irlm1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Francisco HD Shop info needed for visitor

hi all
i have just been forced to travel to the US next week for work....i'm from ireland.
obviously my priority will be work......hahahah......but I also plan to get to the dealers i have found from the hd website...the one in fremont, & dudley perkins.
But can anyone tell me are there any other , such as independents worth visiting?
i plan to get some parts for my 06 bob, s&s breather kit maybe, chrome belt guard, and a long list of other stuff.

thanks for any info,
Martin

Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
gconklin
Road Master
Default RE: San Francisco HD Shop info needed for visitor

the RealHog.com boys are in Livermore which is not too far from Fremont, about 20 minute drive. They stock lots of after market stuff (www.realhog.com). You could stop by HD of Livermore (www.livermorehd.com) while out there too. Then there's Road Rider (www.roadridermca.com) who caries lots of after market stuff too. They're in San Jose, about 30 minutes south of Fremont. While you're down there, you can stop by "House of Thunder" HD of Morgan Hill (www.houseofthunderhd.com).
You can also go across the bay (hwy 84 bridge) to hit HD of Redwood City right off 101.

I would contact these places to make sure they have what you're looking for though, get them to put it in stock before you make your way out there.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 AM
rvisdew
Road Master

H-D wise, I like the San Jose store and Livermorethe best ... although Dudley-Perkins in SF is a must stop (not the store near the wharf - that's only clothing and trinkets) ...

You sill have Fremont, Redwood City, San Ramon (smallish) and Walnut Creek and I think there is a store out towards Antioch ...

Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

Arlen ness is in San Ramon /Dublin / Danville area
the one in Walnut creek is just around the corner from where I work (McGuires HD) they also have stores in Danville and another one in Antioch
also DevilMtn HD is in Antioch Pittsburg area
also Kick Back customs in Martinez (old school) (tellem Jimmy from thunder roads sent you)
Vallejo HD (tell radier Jeff I said Hi)
Harrys Had in Vallejo(Old school)(tell Harry I sent you)
CPI in Vallejo (Old School) (tell Johnny, Jimmy from thunder roads sent you / me )
the Chopper Guys owend by CPI (old school/ nextdoor)
Grumpy's Motorcycles @ Infeionion raceway (tell mike I sent you)

Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
irlm1
Cruiser

..wow.........thanks a lot for all that.
............looks like im going to be busy.....am staying over the weekend at the end of the trip soshould have time to visit a few of those shops for sure.
cost of parts over here is so expensive it would be a shame not to come home without a suitcase full of stuff. might have some explaining to do at security but what the heck. with parts at about 30% of cost at home it'll be worth it. [sm=bling.gif]............. i suppoise id never cram a v&h big radius set of pipes in there. hmmmmmmmmmm..................

Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: irlm1

hi all
i have just been forced to travel to the US next week for work....i'm from ireland.
obviously my priority will be work......hahahah......but I also plan to get to the dealers i have found from the hd website...the one in fremont, & dudley perkins.
But can anyone tell me are there any other , such as independents worth visiting?
i plan to get some parts for my 06 bob, s&s breather kit maybe, chrome belt guard, and a long list of other stuff.

thanks for any info,
Martin
I used to live out that way. Don't bother with the Fremont dealer, Harley is just one of the brands they sell there. You should try and hit Dudley Perkins, Oakland HD, San Jose HD, and possibly Redwood City HD as well as Morgan Hill. These days the dealers are pretty much the same - just big "trendy" stores trying to sell you t-shirts and other stuff you don't need.

Where in Ireland are you from? My family came from Donegal and I used to go over there a lot when I was younger.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
gconklin
Road Master

Correction for Tinker... Fremont is only Harley and Buell now. But some time ago they used to have other brands but w/ new ownership they got it straightened out.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
irlm1
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tinker1

Where in Ireland are you from? My family came from Donegal and I used to go over there a lot when I was younger.
thanks for the info.
im down the opposite end. cork. donegal is a cool spot. but have been up there once only. glad to hear you made it over to see the place ,...!!...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Dizzy
Intermediate

Dudley Perkins is a great stop, like a HD history museum, they recently moved from SF to larger digs in South SF. I personally use Golden Gate HD in Marin, good people. Several other good sources for bling in the Bay Area have already been posted. Enjoy your stay.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
CaliKing
Advanced

Martin --
Where are you staying in the States?
For how long??

My family is from Cork came over durng the famine...

thanks for the info.
im down the opposite end. cork. donegal is a cool spot. but have been up there once only. glad to hear you made it over to see the place ,...!!...
[/quote]

Quick Reply: San Francisco HD Shop info needed for visitor