General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecticut Shoreline

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 AM
KCHD1
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Connecticut Shoreline

Anyone around the Old Saybrook, Westbrook area? Looking for like minded people who like to go away most weekends up to Vt., New Hampshire and so forth. My wife and I are in our mid 50's and we actually ride (avg. around 250-300 miles a day) Back Roads and we usually stop at a place or bar for lunch but not into hanging out long in a bar, We go to ride. Let me know if you want to tag along we often leave on a Friday night to go have dinner in Killington or woodstock,Vt.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:13 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,965 Likes on 1,715 Posts

I’m of no help on the ride, but you can buy me a beer when you get here ..I live right next door to Woodstock/Killington area and right on the NH border. Lots of good eats and watering holes around

Old 03-01-2018, 05:14 PM
leachman
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Hello. I am from Clinton and ride with many people that like to put down the miles. Let me know if you would like to meet up and join us for a day or so.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:19 PM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I would like to go. I grew up in Mystic but now live in Calif, too far to meet up. I am envious though, some really great riding back there. I loved riding in Vermont.
kk

Old 03-02-2018, 05:09 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,146 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut72
I would like to go. I grew up in Mystic but now live in Calif, too far to meet up. I am envious though, some really great riding back there. I loved riding in Vermont.
kk
Howdy old neighbor, I was born and raised right next door, in Stonington. Worked my whole younger life in Mystic and Noank, and lived in Noank for a bit. Not sure last time you were in Mystic....but wow has it changed. Not for the better IMO...really cranked up the "tourist trap" thing. Lot of old establishments we grew up with are gone. Such as the well loved old Irish pub...Johns Cafe...closed its doors for good a few months ago. Man...I closed that place out several times a week.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:35 AM
KCHD1
Cruiser

Changed ? , I grew up in Old Saybrook , you want to talk about change that place is awful now. I did not know about Johns closing I go to the Seahorse in Noank anyway no tourists.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 PM
KCHD1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dawg
I’m of no help on the ride, but you can buy me a beer when you get here ..I live right next door to Woodstock/Killington area and right on the NH border. Lots of good eats and watering holes around
I just checked out the Road Dawg's web site I saw the picture of what appears to be your "Annual Fox Dinner" looks delicious. Ride Safe.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:00 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KCHD1
Changed ? , I grew up in Old Saybrook , you want to talk about change that place is awful now. I did not know about Johns closing I go to the Seahorse in Noank anyway no tourists.
Ahh Seahorse...I lived walking distance from that for a while. Noank was a cool little village off to the side. Save for all the summer tourists going to Abbotts lobstah! I worked there for a couple of summers in my mid teens.

Yeah, sometimes go through Old Saybrook now 'n then when doing shoreline rides south along the coast. Agreed..that's all trendy high priced shops too. About the only place I occasionally stop in, you might recognize this place. 3x of us riding our shovelheads...I'm in the back. Hint..they have decent wings there and some big burgers.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:54 PM
KCHD1
Cruiser

I have spent a little time at the Farm myself, where do you live now?

Old 03-05-2018, 06:48 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KCHD1
I have spent a little time at the Farm myself, where do you live now?
I'm in Waterford, out on the peninsula where Harkness Memorial Park is.
A popular ride destination is right nearby...called Sunset Ribs....a bike bar under the Niantic River Bridge.

As for your original post topic...saw NH and VT....wish I could re-wind a few years and join ya. Jackson and Bartlett are one of my favorite areas. Prolly did my last long run last summer....did a couple of back 'n forths to Weirs Beach in July ..family trip up there and I did back 'n forth to work a few days. Couldn't walk for a week after that..lower back getting so damn shot. My long hauls are prolly over with. Close to having to stay home from work again pretty soon, think my next back operation is coming up quick.

Last edited by YeOldeStonecat; 03-05-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Shoreline