General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Ride Planner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser
Received 93 Likes on 25 Posts
Default HD Ride Planner

They finally updated the site!

I was having issues of constantly getting signed out. The new site is a lot better.

https://maps.harley-davidson.com/

Old 04-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Rickinbeachcrest
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About time. I got tired of waiting and tried
https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

I like it. The free version does everything I need.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:34 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,382 Likes on 1,279 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjpmach1
They finally updated the site!

I was having issues of constantly getting signed out. The new site is a lot better.

https://maps.harley-davidson.com/

I just noticed that. Thankfully all my rides are still there too. I tested out mapping a ride and it seemed to work better.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser

I’m having trouble finding rides. It’s just listing mine. Anyway. I’ll figure it out. If it is a big improvement

Old 04-07-2018, 03:06 PM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up

One thing I noticed is the BW icon that shows the hotels is missing. I am planning my trip to Yellowstone and use the hotels (BW) on the way out. I liked that it went to the hotels site and showed the HD rate available. I called HOG and they said they are taking customers comments and will be updating the site as well. takes a little to get used to. I also noticed now you can plan routes on roads that are closed right now. Like Beartooth Pass i was planing and the old site would route around, now i can plan it over the pass even though it is currently closed. So I think it is better just have to relearn it a little. Nice not getting logged out all the time like you said.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Blue Scoot
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is anyone else having any problems logging into the app version? I keep getting a message that says the profile system is temporarily down and try again later. It's been like that for about a week .

Old 04-07-2018, 11:18 PM
ieatchickens
Road Warrior
Received 608 Likes on 309 Posts

Blue Scoot,

I just down loaded the app and everything is working for me.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser

I checked my app. Couldn’t sign in. Server issues. Searched the Apple App Store. No application listed at all and no update available. Guess that’s the next update. We’ll see.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:32 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 496 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjpmach1
I checked my app. Couldn’t sign in. Server issues. Searched the Apple App Store. No application listed at all and no update available. Guess that’s the next update. We’ll see.
It is not the Ride Planner app anymore so that no longer works and needs to be deleted. It is just the Harley-Davidson app and is new. It links to their website and includes the maps as a tab.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 AM
BTLorys
Banned

Received 2,664 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Did you guys mess around with the new planner yet? I was trying to this morning and noticed a few things.

I cant make round trips anymore. The new system wont allow me to use the starting point as the ending point. I would understand if I only had two locations, the computer might have trouble doing that, but I entered multiple locations (as opposed to way points) and it still is not letting me set the starting location and the destination as the same place. Oddly enough - the system has no problem with my saved routes from the OLD planner that has the starting/destination points as the same thing.

Considering the all of my rides are round trips - even if they are spread out over a few days....this is inconvenient. If I'm doing a 5 day trip, it looks like im either going to have to create an entirely new route for each day, or do day 1-4 on one route, and have the 5th day as its own route.

A few other things I noticed, like not being able to change existing waypoints to locations and you cant add a location on the existing route anymore. You can add a location anywhere as long as its not on the orange line.

Nothing really major, but the round trip thing has me confused. It's annoying, but nothing I can't work around. The new system seems to be operating a lot smoother and easier, but I prefer the features of the old one so far. I had that one nailed down.

Quick Reply: HD Ride Planner