General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What instant detailer are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I've used the Honda detailing spray (GASP!) with good results. But have been using Pledge for 8-9 years with great results.
Bugs and crap come off easily,

Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,228 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Uber cost $20 Here is everything it can do. I think its very cost effective.
  • Add 1 ounce of Uber Rinseless Wash to a bucket containing 3 gallons of water to make a rinseless wash. Soak a microfiber mitt or soft towel in the solution. Wash your vehicle one panel at a time, drying off each panel with a Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel before proceeding to the next panel. The super slick German polymers in Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash encapsulate dirt particles, protecting your vehicle’s delicate clear coat paint from scratching as the wash mitt glides across the panel. When you agitate the wash mitt against the Grit Guard Insert in the bottom of your bucket, the dirt particles are released and then trapped by the Grit Guard. Ingenious!
  • Add 1/3 ounce to an empty 16 ounce bottle and fill it up with water to create a waterless wash. This application works especially well to pre-treat each panel before washing it using the rinseless wash method.
  • Add ½ ounce to wash water made with your favorite car wash soap. Uber Rinseless Wash contains water softeners that improve the quality of the water, helping eliminate water spots. Super slippery German polymers increase the lubricity of your wash solution, reducing friction to prevent swirl marks and spider web scratches.
  • Add 1 ounce of Uber Rinseless Wash to a gallon of filtered or tap water to create a super slick clay bar lubricant that costs a fraction of what a dedicated clay bar lubricant does.
  • Add 3 ounces of Uber Rinseless Wash to a gallon of filtered or tap water to create a gloss-intensive detail spray. Fill up an empty spray bottle and use it to enhance your vehicle’s finish in between washes, or to remove finger prints and smudges at a car show. The same super slippery German polymers that work to prevent scratches as you wash the vehicle offer the same benefit in this detail spray application. You will love the glossy, slick finish it leaves!

just ordered some from auto geek.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:24 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Mothers quick detailer on my gloss paint bike and Wizards Wipe Down on my Matte bike. Wash both with S100 rinse and use a cycle air blower to do most of the drying, finish with a micro fiber.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:16 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,143 Likes on 765 Posts

From the first time Ive heard it and everytime since, Pledge on a bike, absolutely makes zero sense. Would you put Pledge on your new Vette? On your GMC Denali? On your BMW? Why not? If you seen a Pro detailer putting Pledge on a vehicle what would you think?
For the love of God, leave the house hold cleaners where they belong. Although your bike your choice

Originally Posted by skratch
just ordered some from auto geek.
Cool! Let us know how you like it. I buy a gallon of DI water and use that to mix water less wash. With my local water, the DI water works better

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-16-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:33 AM
jonuphi
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

been using Lucas slick mist,allways forget to get the Honda stuff when i go to town

Old 07-11-2018, 08:08 AM
1LargeDog
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

Im surprised that no one mentioned S100. I use to use it and I thought it did a pretty good job. I may give that Lucas spray a try though. Also a thought on F11: I had bought a bottle and felt that it was nothing more than a cheap watered down product. The previous owner of my bike said he was amazed by it and had detailed the whole bike before I bought it with F11. Looked good for a little while. But I also noticed where the sealer appeared to develop a "crazed" finish in many spots. I cleaned the bike and finished it with Klasse sealer, which is much thicker than F11. Way overpriced for my tastes compared to many "real" sealers out there.

OK, I did see one S111 mention......whoops

Old 07-11-2018, 09:01 AM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Texas Two Step

I use this stuff from a few local dealers in North Texas. It's amazing stuff. I've looked and can't see where you can get it online. The Yamaha dealer in Burleson has it and so does Texas Harley in Bedford that I know of.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:12 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,143 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by ew25950
I use this stuff from a few local dealers in North Texas. It's amazing stuff. I've looked and can't see where you can get it online. The Yamaha dealer in Burleson has it and so does Texas Harley in Bedford that I know of.

Waterless wash, many companies make it. The wolfgang Uber I mentioned previously can be diluted for a WW and it is one of the best WW on the market.
I stay away from anything with wax in it, dust magnet. Sealants or a coating are much better options here, and probably in N Texas also.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:25 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,172 Likes on 729 Posts

I generally use Meguiar's Motorcycle Detailer.

Seems to work fine for me. Cleans well. Removes bugs easily etc.. Can find it just about anywhere.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:44 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
I 've used many, none as good as Adam's Detail Spray.

yeah but he always asks for it back.

Quick Reply: What instant detailer are you using?