General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Campgrounds around Sturgis that offer free shuttle bus into town?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 01:20 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,620 Likes on 2,094 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
I have no expectations of anyone's idea of fun and I have no problem strolling through a small town like Sturgis or Daytona Beach and having a few drinks over a period of time. Maybe my idea for fun might be different in that I can have a good time without having so many drinks that I need to be driven home. Ya' know that's also an option with respect to being responsible.

Actually no, I've never been to Sturgis but from what I've heard it doesn't sound that much different from Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Myrtle Beach, Laconia or Laughlin all of which I have been to many times over the last almost 50 years and somehow I'm still DUI free! But it is a new day with a different kind of riders bringing in different ideas and it must be a profitable enterprise, silly as it sounds, if there is actually a company that offers the service. I just think it's more fun to actually ride the motorcycle. And to think, all this time whenever I'd see patches that said "I RODE MINE" I thought they were talking about trailering !!!!!
Boy Howdy, you had us fooled for a while.

The following users liked this post:
01dyna (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 01:25 PM
cobaltt
Tourer
Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts

If you're a hot Milf, you can ride on the back of my bike, free of charge. just hold my beer.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Creekside is not far from anything and a really great place!
They even offer little cabins with AC

Uncle Larry (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 02:43 PM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,417 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Arrow

This looks like the 1st Sturgis thread for this years rally. We'll be back to HogHeaven campground; can't wait.

Da Bus is good service to/back downtown. There was once I should've been on it... I learned, and don't begrudge anyone using it.

Lets hear more about the campgrounds around.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Like I said Creekside which is right up by the drag strip and the Saloon is great.
They serve dinner there to at a very reasonable cost, and it is just scrumptious!!
They may serve breakfast too......I always left too early to try it ...
I have no affiliation.

Sunuva101 (01-21-2019)
Old 07-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by cobaltt
If you're a hot Milf, you can ride on the back of my bike, free of charge. just hold my beer.
i ain't and I ain't gonna. But thanks for asking.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:45 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

I stay at Katmandu. Their shuttle there is pretty good to have. I mailed my tent and gear out this year as I got a large six-man tent for lots of room. Last two times I had a small tent on the bike. I only go into town once and will take the shuttle. I spend most of my time riding to various spots but don't like riding into town as it's too much of a pain in the ***. I also don't ride after drinking so the shuttle is good to have. IMO there is nothing overly exciting about riding downtown during the rally. It's more of an annoyance IMO. But everyone has their likes and dislikes about the rally. Last time I rode downtown was when I went in 2016 and won't park there again as someone put a really nice deep scratch and gouge in my saddlebag from front to rear. Not sure if someone tipped their bike or what but not parking in cramped quarters anymore.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Creekside is not far from anything and a really great place!
They even offer little cabins with AC
I've spent several trips at the Creekside .. Great place and super people and the food is pretty dang good too ... One breakfast will feed two people easily

Old 07-19-2018, 05:04 PM
T Man
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Wait, what? You attend a motorcycle rally, with your motorcycle, then you get around on a bus? Why does this really not surprise me these days? Why not just fly in to Sturgis, Uber around for a week and skip the whole inconvenience involved with bringing a motorcycle???
To me it's a very legit question. Last year we stayed at a campground 20 miles from Sturgis, hard to have a good time while at Sturgis when you have a 20 mile ride back to the campground and all bikes have to be off the streets by 2 a.m. I won't drink and ride anyway, but there are also police everywhere, not worth chancing it. Ride like crazy during the day, then be safe and park it for the night while you go out for the festivities.

Last edited by T Man; 07-19-2018 at 05:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by T Man:
01dyna (07-19-2018), beanoboy (07-19-2018), Redoilokie (07-20-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 05:10 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Wait, what? You attend a motorcycle rally, with your motorcycle, then you get around on a bus? Why does this really not surprise me these days? Why not just fly in to Sturgis, Uber around for a week and skip the whole inconvenience involved with bringing a motorcycle???
yup. But do that two weeks in advance to avoid the crowds. Oh yeah, says the guy that trailered there and stated in an RV. But, we rode everywhere we went. We even rode from our RV at the Buffalo Chip to their theatre, Riding everywhere does infringe on the alcohol experience,

Quick Reply: Campgrounds around Sturgis that offer free shuttle bus into town?