General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sore butt

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:43 AM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Damn that's nice...

The following users liked this post:
Jack Ryan (08-04-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 12:57 PM
scarpsy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for the helpful answers. Good to know it's not just me. It's not muscular, it's pressure on the nerves and circulation in the butt and backs of legs. 700 miles over 5 days - so it's pretty pathetic but there it is. Not first ride but first of that mileage of the year. It's an '07 RK. Great fun, good ride, great scenery, good people met on the road.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by scarpsy
Thanks to all for the helpful answers. Good to know it's not just me. It's not muscular, it's pressure on the nerves and circulation in the butt and backs of legs. 700 miles over 5 days - so it's pretty pathetic but there it is. Not first ride but first of that mileage of the year. It's an '07 RK. Great fun, good ride, great scenery, good people met on the road.
I think you may just need more saddle time. Do you have a backrest or highway pegs on your RK? It takes awhile to get past saddlesore issues.

I don't have highway pegs as I just don't like the way they look. Adding a backrest made a world of difference. My legs are long enough that I can just rest them on top of the crash bars for a bit once I get restless. After a few miles I can bring them back to the floorboards and it's like I am starting over again. Research "3 point riding position".

Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

OP needs to spend some money on a Russell seat.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:33 PM
jc15025
Club Member

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

The Airhawk R model comes in a large and small size and has gap right down the center so as not to add pressure to your tail bone and other items in that area. It does work!

Last edited by jc15025; 07-21-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OzHD

Damn that's nice...
I appreciate that, just about as good as it gets. Justin Verlander is a lucky man.

However, a wise old man once said no matter what they look like, someone, somewhere is tired of her *****.

Last edited by Cbyway; 07-21-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:18 PM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
I appreciate that, just about as good as it gets. Justin Verlander is a lucky man.

However, a wise old man once said no matter what they look like, someone, somewhere is tired of her *****.
Oh yes... the really good ones know how good they are and become a nightmare (high maintenance).

I think the forum could offer more help with.... pictures of the offended area? (*grin*)

The following users liked this post:
nytryder (07-22-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 02:30 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,260 Likes on 11,132 Posts

You need a police solo with the air bladder, nothing better than that.
Pain in the *** also is related to circulation, age, physical condition and weight. When I was young, I had no problem sitting on a '72 Honda seat brick.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:34 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Just finished a 700 mile ride on a Road King, in the passenger seat. I've never sat on hot coals but I think I have a reasonable idea of what it feels like. Pinched nerves, poor circulation... this is after putting on a home made sheepskin seat cover, trying beads, (under fleece, over fleece...), trying upholsterer's foam under and over, trying the beads on their own, etc., etc. Just hoping permanent damage hasn't been done. Help?
According to your first post, you tried many ways to solve the problem and nothing seemed to work. No offense but 700 miles spread over 5 days on a RK should be a walk in the park, maybe it could be as simple as more riding time to better condition your butt for longer rides.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
According to your first post, you tried many ways to solve the problem and nothing seemed to work. No offense but 700 miles spread over 5 days on a RK should be a walk in the park, maybe it could be as simple as more riding time to better condition your butt for longer rides.
No doubt. 500 miles on my RK is a can-a-corn and I am on a stock seat.

Quick Reply: Sore butt