General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd streetfighter

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:13 PM
Strugatsio
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyder54
All I see is another failure and like another poster said bikes sitting at dealers collecting dust. You know its not going to be all it can be out of the gate. Stage kits and doodads etc to make it what you can get stock from the competition thats been making this type of bike for years. Another red headed stepchild like Buell.
And, just like Buell, the HD mechanics aren't going to know how to work on it.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:13 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 233 Posts

If i could convince myself i needed a third motorcycle, it would be the Indian FTR 1200, which will beat this to market by at least a year. Given HDs recent engine issues, i wouldn't touch this thing for at least 5 years

Old 08-03-2018, 08:21 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rjacobs
HAHAHAHA... Not laughing at you, but at Harley's claims that i will run with the S1000RR.

I hope you and they are right.

They are going to need 200+ hp, the best electronics in the class, great suspension and crazy good ergo's to boot, to compete with the S1000RR.

I dont see any of that happening.

Dont get me wrong, I kind of want one of these, but to think they will compete with the S1000RR is laughable. That bike is IMO in the top 3 of super bikes right now.
I like Harleys, have owned 12 new ones, that said, Harley cannot nor should they try and compete head to head with manufacturers like BMW. I recently purchased the new K1600B or Bagger with a inline 6cyl that puts out 160hp stock. It's the most amazing motorcycle I have ever owned.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:23 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

The cruisers and baggers are never going away. Don't throw the toys out of your crib just because they've decided they'd like to keep existing as a company and need to go after new customers.
i think the days of the 900lb baggers/touring bikes are, or will soon be, on the decline. People want lighter, more nimble bikes. Lot’s of guys are getting rid of their big and heavy baggers for something less cumbersome. And let’s face it, I’d guess that two-thirds of guys who have touring bikes don’t tour enough, if at all, to justify owning one. I think that withn 5 years HD will overhaul their entire touring line with lighter, smaller bikes.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:49 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm excited to see the new bikes, especially the Custom. But the forward pegs and bars doesn't look right. Can you lean forward and have forward pegs?

Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

I like the new bikes. The Custom and the Livewire are the ones that catch my eye the most. Looking forward to seeing them in person. Love my classics, but plenty of room for new developments along side.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 675 Likes on 373 Posts

The Livewire is an asinine idea that will never catch on except for a few eco-whackos.
Love the idea of the Streetfighter. I may buy one when they come out just because.
Electric bikes will never amount to anything. Never. There is just too little energy in the battery compared to a whole lot of energy in a tankful of gas. Physics. Chemistry. Inexorable objective facts.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
The Livewire is an asinine idea that will never catch on except for a few eco-whackos.
Love the idea of the Streetfighter. I may buy one when they come out just because.
Electric bikes will never amount to anything. Never. There is just too little energy in the battery compared to a whole lot of energy in a tankful of gas. Physics. Chemistry. Inexorable objective facts.
Well, if you have ridden an electric bike or driven an electric car you’ll know they far surpass gasoline powered vehicles regarding performance in every way except overall mileage. I agree that’s not a small factor and I love combustion engines personally, but the battery life improvements are developing rapidly. Hard to rule out what they’ll be like in a few years.

Speed? Torque? Nothing comes close to an electric for most people’s money. 200+ miles on a single charge for a sport bike (that can go 0 - 60 in around 2+ seconds) will be a selling model and is already knocking on the door.

For the type of bike it is, I think the Livewire is a good looking scoot. Better looking than most gas powered sport bikes (to me anyway) and miles better than any other electric model in the mainstream market place.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:30 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish

Well, if you have ridden an electric bike or driven an electric car you’ll know they far surpass gasoline powered vehicles regarding performance in every way except overall mileage. I agree that’s not a small factor and I love combustion engines personally, but the battery life improvements are developing rapidly. Hard to rule out what they’ll be like in a few years.

Speed? Torque? Nothing comes close to an electric for most people’s money. 200+ miles on a single charge for a sport bike (that can go 0 - 60 in around 2+ seconds) will be a selling model and is already knocking on the door.

For the type of bike it is, I think the Livewire is a good looking scoot. Better looking than most gas powered sport bikes (to me anyway) and miles better than any other electric model in the mainstream market place.
That.^ Electric propulsion is better than ICE IN EVERY WAY except for range/battery life and (arguably) engine/exhaust sound. Range is adequate for most applications as I type this today (what kind of range do you get with a Sportster and peanut tank again?) and will only get better. The Livewire is a good looking bike, but I'm thinking my first electric bike will be an Energica Eva https://www.energicamotor.com/energi...streetfighter/

Last edited by shorelasHD; 08-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:22 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,708 Likes on 1,992 Posts

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
That.^ Electric propulsion is better than ICE IN EVERY WAY except for range/battery life and (arguably) engine/exhaust sound. Range is adequate for most applications as I type this today (what kind of range do you get with a Sportster and peanut tank again?) and will only get better. The Livewire is a good looking bike, but I'm thinking my first electric bike will be an Energica Eva https://www.energicamotor.com/energi...streetfighter/
I used to get about 2 hours/110 miles out of the tank on my Sportster. The difference was, I could refuel, pee, grab a drink and be on my way for another 2 hours in less than 10 minutes. I used to tour with my Sportster. When I can charge an electric bike in that same amount of time I might be interested.

Quick Reply: Hd streetfighter