General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Harley, where do people ride in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:35 PM
WhiskeyDingo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to Harley, where do people ride in Dallas?

Hey everyone,

I bought my first Sportster a few months back and I love this thing. I’ve owned several other motorcycles in the past, but this is my first in the last 3 years since I moved to Dallas, Tx. Anyone else ride here?

Ive added a few things since I bought the bike, V&H SideShot exhaust, FP3, Burley Slammers, Le Pera 2-up Seat, Burley Sissy bar and a few other goodies.

Sadly, it’s in the shop right now, just posted a thread on it and will update pictures once I get it back.

Exhaust only. Updated photos to come

Old 07-31-2018, 09:29 PM
TimmyPage
Road Captain
Received 201 Likes on 106 Posts

Cool bike. Have you tried any local Facebook riding groups? Most people just join them and never go out but you will meet some good people.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:56 AM
Gas Smasher
Road Captain

Received 678 Likes on 291 Posts

There are several riders from the Dallas area on here. You can have a look at the Southwest section here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southwest-39/ Lot of stuff about Texas riding there. You have some nice riding in that part of the state. The heat is killer in the summer, but it shouldn't keep you off the bike. When I ride outside my local area I head down around Big Bend National Park, (which is a long way for you) and I like the hill country a lot. I don't get in the Dallas area very often. Check out this site to for some ideas of rides in your area http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Route...19.html?page=1

Welcome to the forum

Old 08-01-2018, 05:28 AM
Fodder4U
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in Dallas are you? I am just north in The Colony. Cruising down 380 towards Bridgeport and beyond has some nice scenery if you get up near Denton.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:43 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,537 Likes on 2,267 Posts

For long rides, I loved going west out of FTW and stopping when the clock wound down..

Old 08-01-2018, 06:15 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,452 Likes on 5,734 Posts

Welcome. That's a cool old Yammahamma against the wall!

Old 08-01-2018, 10:09 AM
WhiskeyDingo
Novice

Originally Posted by TimmyPage
Cool bike. Have you tried any local Facebook riding groups? Most people just join them and never go out but you will meet some good people.
I have checked a few, but a lot seem very “Bike Night”, a little too much of a crowd for me.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 AM
pomeara
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

A friend of mine lives in Dallas and tells me it takes a day to ride to the place you want to ride then a day to ride home. Hope that is not the case because I am looking to rent a bike next time down there. let us know what you find

Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 AM
WhiskeyDingo
Novice

Originally Posted by Gas Smasher
There are several riders from the Dallas area on here. You can have a look at the Southwest section here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southwest-39/ Lot of stuff about Texas riding there. You have some nice riding in that part of the state. The heat is killer in the summer, but it shouldn't keep you off the bike. When I ride outside my local area I head down around Big Bend National Park, (which is a long way for you) and I like the hill country a lot. I don't get in the Dallas area very often. Check out this site to for some ideas of rides in your area http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Route...19.html?page=1

Welcome to the forum
hanks for for the tip. I’ll definitely check that site out. I can’t wait for it to cool off and I can get out a little further out. I just put the FP3 and The bike feels much more comfortable in highway traffic to get out of town.

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
For long rides, I loved going west out of FTW and stopping when the clock wound down..
Originally Posted by Fodder4U
Where in Dallas are you? I am just north in The Colony. Cruising down 380 towards Bridgeport and beyond has some nice scenery if you get up near Denton.

I live in the West Village neighborhood and work in Snider Plaza/highland park. I have a friend in Denton telling me about “The Denton Donut”?
Originally Posted by pomeara
A friend of mine lives in Dallas and tells me it takes a day to ride to the place you want to ride then a day to ride home. Hope that is not the case because I am looking to rent a bike next time down there. let us know what you find
Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Welcome. That's a cool old Yammahamma against the wall!

That’s a 1974 DT100A Enduro! Bought it for $500 with the original title. It’s my restoration project at the moment. Kills the time after work

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-04-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-01-2018, 10:39 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

I live in the Richardson area. I usually ride north/northeast to Collin, Grayson, Hunt Counties. You have to check out Big Slicks Bar and Grill (www.bigslicks.net) in Westminster, TX (9 miles east of Anna, TX). I usually take back roads to get to Big Slicks. There are several options. Not sure where West Village is located. Is that Uptown? If so, you're a ways from getting out of the city regardless of what direction you go, especially Denton. You are closer to points south. I haven't done much riding in that direction.

Quick Reply: New to Harley, where do people ride in Dallas?