General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Friendly Places on Earth to Ride a Your Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:57 PM
randydandy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Friendly Places on Earth to Ride a Your Harley?

I was just curious what you thought would be some of the most friendly Harley riding communities and places that you have experienced here in the USA or in other countries? Best roads? Best scenes? Best people? For me Southern California, despite its many problems, was a wonderful place to be a biker full of many good people. Japan also seemed to be a very biker friendly place but unfortunately I did not have a bike at the time I was there. Also what are the WORST places to be for a biker? I heard in Myanmar they outlawed motorcycles out right! Crazy to think! Especially in Asia where the motorcycle is king. Also I heard word they might ban motorcycles in Vietnam. What??? Makes no sense! Anybody watch that Top Gear Special where they ride scooters through Vietnam??? Wow was that beautiful looking! Even Jeremy Clarkson one of the most notorious celebrities to hate on motorcycles and would rather eat his own feces than ride a Harley Davidson praised how beautiful Vietnam was from a motorcycle.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:10 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,425 Likes on 10,719 Posts

Man, I could talk on here for a million years.

I'll 'juss say, when I rode into Milwaukee to go to the factory/museum, I felt VERY MUCH at home.

And pretty much any other place where bikers are regulars. GREAT feeling.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-05-2018, 04:19 PM
randydandy
Novice

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Man, I could talk on here for a million years.

I'll 'juss say, when I rode into Milwaukee to go to the factory/museum, I felt VERY MUCH at home.

And pretty much any other place where bikers are regulars. GREAT feeling.

BuzzCap7
Sounds like a damn good town... I miss the North.. I dont miss the cold up there though... I like very mild weather but would risk the cold to get some of the good food they have up there in the north. Speaking of nice weather Hawaii seemed like an awesome place to ride a Harley. I used to live in Oahu but once again I did not have a motorcycle the time I lived there. DAYUM! I really wish I did but it would be very hard to haul my surfboard around on some goofy Harley...

Old 08-05-2018, 04:23 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by randydandy
Sounds like a damn good town... I miss the North.. I dont miss the cold up there though... I like very mild weather but would risk the cold to get some of the good food they have up there in the north. Speaking of nice weather Hawaii seemed like an awesome place to ride a Harley. I used to live in Oahu but once again I did not have a motorcycle the time I lived there. DAYUM! I really wish I did but it would be very hard to haul my surfboard around on some goofy Harley...
LOL! You were doing well mate until you used the word "goof" and "harley" in the same sentence.

I nvr went to HI but I understand riding there is PHENOMENAL! I bet it is.

There are a LOT LOT LOT of GREAT places north (North of Florida) that has GREAT riding. NE and NW.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-05-2018, 04:45 PM
randydandy
Novice

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
LOL! You were doing well mate until you used the word "goof" and "harley" in the same sentence.

I nvr went to HI but I understand riding there is PHENOMENAL! I bet it is.

There are a LOT LOT LOT of GREAT places north (North of Florida) that has GREAT riding. NE and NW.

BuzzCap7
Oh i see you said north of florida.. Are you meaning the pan handle area? Are you meaning Georgia or Alabama? Alabama reminds me of another VERY motorcycle friendly place that I forgot all about! YOu ever been to the Barber Motorcycle Museum? It reminds me of what a a little kids micro machine playset would look like but if the kid was a grown up with lots of motorcycles and millions of dollars. One of the coolest places on Earth for bikes for sure!

Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,805 Likes on 3,274 Posts

I've heard that folks in Cameron Park TX are very friendly.

Cannot confirm though.

The following 5 users liked this post by Dynamick:
Advocatus Diaboli (08-05-2018), Cowboy Rob (08-06-2018), FNGonaRK (08-06-2018), Uncle Larry (08-05-2018), Vernal (08-21-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 04:51 PM
BuzzCap7

Sry, I mean like if u draw a line horizontal in the middle of the USA and across east to west, anything north of that I would say is better than south of it.

In Florida, the northern parts to me are nicer than southern as well.

I do not know where u r based out of. Just says USA on our posting.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 679 Likes on 374 Posts

Orange County, California is VERY friendly to motorcycles. Have never picked up an attitude. Nice courteous people, but watch out for the random texting cage. I ride like every cage is an immigrant texting to her friends in China that she's trying to run over bikers.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 48,331 Likes on 18,752 Posts

Cross Thread Points for Dynamick :>)

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Larry:
Dynamick (08-06-2018), Halojumper (08-21-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 05:16 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I do not recall ever riding anywhere where I felt unwelcome on a Harley. Now I do most of my riding in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. I also think the south is great for riding but I have always primarily ridden in the south and west. To each his own.

Quick Reply: Most Friendly Places on Earth to Ride a Your Harley?