General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for Harley Riders on the Dragon/ pissing matches

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 12:54 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,425 Likes on 2,230 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Lol..........

Who says stuff like this?

A) Fast and Furious?
B) Speed Racer?
C) Nikki Lauda?
D) Don Garlits?
E) Guys on the HDF?
F) All the above?

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:02 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,105 Likes on 3,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Haarley
Don't try to be a hero. I was there this weekend in a car. I'm a fantastic driver, and while I wasn't in anything remotely considered a sports car, I'm very fast.

Fortunately, the Harleys, by and large, were polite and pulled over, but there was this one. It was a two-up that was riding with two one-up bikes and was significantly faster than the one-up bikes. I closed in a hurry on the one-ups, and they let me by. A few seconds later, I caught the two-up, and this guy really tries to pick up his pace. He started scraping his floorboards around the corners, and his corner entry lines weren't the best, but, man, was he pushing it. It really didn't matter what he tried; I was much faster than him, and all he was doing was putting his lady at risk. After several corners of scraping, he pulled over and let me by. Smart move. He quickly disappeared.

Don't let your ego get the better of you on the Dragon. When you see faster company coming, find a pull-off. It's better for everyone.
" Don't let your ego get the better of you on the Dragon." Practice what you preach Tommy Tail spin.. Why not just BTFO and let the guy get way ahead of you and start your ego scratching bullsh*t again.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by BTLorys
Wouldnt this mean your own idea of a Harley rider is somebody who rides the road at his own pace and doesn't alter his plans because some short dick wants to tailgate him? Why should he pull over or even care that somebody is behind him? That's just bending over to the man and thats not what real Harley riders do.
Funny how the most outspoken are usually the biggest self absorbed hypocrites lol.

BTLorys (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:16 PM
vpnwiz
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I meant it like I said it. The Dragon isn't the place for a leisurely ride. Use the Foothills for that, maybe the Cherohala. The Dragon is a personal racetrack for sportbikes and hot cars. it's a very special road. Folks should learn the proper etiquette if they're going to use it.

I don't get passed a lot on the Dragon, but it happens, though very infrequently. Two sportbikes screamed up behind me. I hit my turn signal to let them know I would be pulling over. I found the next pull-off, and let them by. They waved. They raced off into the hills. Good times. Good racing etiquette.
You think you're "racing" because you're driving the Dragon? You clearly have zero clue what REAL racing, or real "racing etiquette" is. Racing is a sport of aggression where you do everything in your power to get past the car in front, or stay in the lead if you have it. I've been racing competitively for over 10 years - closed road courses, wheel to wheel, caged cars, not street legal, etc etc. I also instruct intermediate to advanced drivers that want to graduate to racing. Driving fast on a public road isn't the problem here. Your attitude is.

You define the "FLAT OUT" stereotype - the guy that shows up to a track day with a GT-R, or Lotus Exige, or Porsche GT3 and thinks everyone needs to get out of his way.. when he's not even fast. Worst part is when they stuff it into the wall because the drivers ego outran his talent. Seen way too many really expensive cars twisted up because of that. Calling yourself fast doesn't make it real, buddy. BTW... if you ever want to go fast for real, I invite you to come out to Mid Ohio. It's not expensive, couple hundred bucks or so for the day. Heck, I might even help you go faster - if you're open to it. But in my experience, people that present themselves the way you are in this thread have never been open to taking advice... they just want to go flat out! hahaha Watch the video for your cameo appearance!!

The following 6 users liked this post by vpnwiz:
Campy Roadie (09-05-2018), FLSTFI Dave (09-05-2018), Halojumper (09-05-2018), NORTY FLATZ (09-08-2018), shorelasHD (09-09-2018), Walter White (09-05-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:21 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

I meant it like I said it. The Dragon isn't the place for a leisurely ride. Use the Foothills for that, maybe the Cherohala. The Dragon is a personal racetrack for sportbikes and hot cars. it's a very special road. Folks should learn the proper etiquette if they're going to use it.

I don't get passed a lot on the Dragon, but it happens, though very infrequently. Two sportbikes screamed up behind me. I hit my turn signal to let them know I would be pulling over. I found the next pull-off, and let them by. They waved. They raced off into the hills. Good times. Good racing etiquette.
Thanks for letting us know what your rules are for The Dragon. I will completely disregard the posted legal rules and just follow yours from now on. It's our secret though, just between us, don't tell anyone else.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 44,994 Likes on 16,463 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
TL;DR "Not only do I drive like an ***, I brag about it in public afterwards".
Man the OP was quite arrogant in that post.

Campy Roadie (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:33 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this post was going to be somebody asking for tips about riding the dragon. I was just going say watch for feral hogs...

Dirty Harry (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:54 PM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

BS: It's a public road and not your personal racetrack. You wanna run up on people's *** go to a legal racetrack!

Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
XRX
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Lol..........

Who says stuff like this?

Rainman.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
OK, who shook the FIGJAM tree around here lately? I do declare it's an epidemic.
I think they're mating.

The following 2 users liked this post by Campy Roadie:
Dynamick (09-05-2018), Walter White (09-05-2018)

Quick Reply: Tips for Harley Riders on the Dragon/ pissing matches