General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:03 PM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default LRS Windshields

For some background I have a 2017 Slim S. I generally ride the bike naked, the bike not me, but there are times I would like some wind protection. I have arthritis in my neck so I can get pretty sore after a few hours in the saddle. A year ago I bought a used factory shield it helped with wind reduction but I had some buffeting. I also got a set of fangs for the forks, these helped but I wound up with a higher frequency buffeting for a lack of better words. It didn't seem like the buffeting was near as bad but after a couple of hours I was pretty beat up.So I have only used the windshield in cold weather and short trips.

So, fast forward to Thursday, two days ago, I needed to go to Reno for a recall on my truck. While I was there I decided to check out LRS in Sparks which just on the eastside of town, Reno metro area. I had been checking out their website off and on for a couple of months. It took me a couple of stops to find them, the manufacturing site is separate from the main office. It turns out motorcycle windshield manufacturing is not their major business, they do a lot of custom plastic work for different companies. A lot of it is custom interior work for law enforcement vehicles.

Continuing my guide, Dakotah Ramirez, took me back to where they did the bike windshields. They had a couple of pieces of equipment that they use to mold the windshields. I had basically stopped to check out what they had to offer and see what they had that might work on my bike. It is not a model that is not big on shields. Dakotah asked me what height I had and if it was right and then went through a stack of shields and pulled out a clear, a smoked and a dark tint. I chose the smoked after I decided one of these recurved shields would probably help solve my buffeting issue.

We went back up front where I pulled out my wallet to pay for the shield. Dakotah refused to take any money, just take the shield and let me know how it works out for you. I couldn't believe it but i left happy to say the least.

Well to wind this up, I got time to put the shield on today. Wow, what a difference. I took my extended summer trip this past summer naked, again the bike not me, because I knew I would get beaten up by the buffeting because of the windshield I had. Well I can tell you all I will behind this shield this summer and intend to take a longer trip. I am getting old and longer trips were just a dream, maybe not so much now. Looking forward to a two week trip this summer. Thanks LRS and Dakotah. If you are looking for a better windshield check out LRS, they are an upstanding company. And yes there was an FLH in the lobby. And there were a lot of Road Glide shields in a rack in the lobby.
kk

Old 12-03-2018, 11:19 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I picked up a LRS, a lot cheaper than the other brand. Works great for me. 2018 Heritage Classic.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:59 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,157 Likes on 1,125 Posts

have one of their shields on my ultra and love it!!! was on a ride this summer with several of my buddies and we got caught in a down pour of rain for about forty miles, we all where on touring HD's mine the only one with a LRS shield! shortly after the rain quit we came to a stop and I was the only one still dry as a bone!! that thing really splits the wind!!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:45 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

I have one on my Deluxe, I also bought a second one (try it out next summer).
They worked with me to get the right shield for my after market fairing.
I also like the hog spit, just wish it came in a bigger container.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 AM
jlb2782
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 113 Posts

Sweet!! Buffeting is the devil. Lets see a pic of it on your bike.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM
moparnut72
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I will post one when I get a little time.
kk

Old 12-04-2018, 05:14 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I have one on my Streetglide and just bought another for my new Triglide.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:21 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I have one on my Streetglide and just bought another for my new Triglide.

If you posted a pic of your new bike I haven't seen it chump!!! OK Izzo, where ya hide it and DETAILS man!!! We all getting old and would like to know your motivation!!!

Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 PM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

I have a had few LRS, love them all.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:09 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
If you posted a pic of your new bike I haven't seen it chump!!! OK Izzo, where ya hide it and DETAILS man!!! We all getting old and would like to know your motivation!!!
Jump over to the Trike section. He's got a sharp looking Tri over there.

Quick Reply: LRS Windshields