General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Fillerz- ProBeam v. Standard

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 06:22 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts
Default CD Fillerz- ProBeam v. Standard

Last Christmas I received a gift certificate to Custom Dynamics from my in-laws and ended up getting a pair of the standard Fillerz for my '17 RGU. I also got the strobe module which has several selectable patterns. They're pretty awesome and I feel like they make a big difference with rear end visibility and getting the attention of distracted drivers. Yes, I saw the recent post that included a study claiming they don't make a difference.... not buying it.

Anyway, CD has since released a new version called ProBeam Fillerz... they only have 33 LED's as opposed to the standards 131 but are supposed to be a better grade LED.

My question is had anyone had a chance to see both side by side? Is the new version that much better?

I got another CD gift certificate this year but already bought the turn signal/ spotlight Ringz. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:31 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,342 Likes on 11,167 Posts

I recently put the ProBeams on my ‘17 Ultra Limited. They are very bright. But, I’ve not compared them to the previous version. IMHO though, I wouldn’t spend the price to scrap the originals for the ProBeams.

I also have their tour pack light flasher, and that really gets attention.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:50 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Thank you TG.... if I was impressed enough by them I would sell the standards on the forum for a great deal to offset the cost. Another reason I asked is because I plan on getting the ProBeam taillight as well (with the strobe module) and it would match better, although if there isn't a big difference in performance I'd probably just live with it.

Tell me more about the tour pack flasher? The tour pack lights on the M8 are LED... does it make them strobe? Or flash like an incandescent bulb?

Old 12-29-2018, 07:03 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by BatOuttaHell
Thank you TG.... if I was impressed enough by them I would sell the standards on the forum for a great deal to offset the cost. Another reason I asked is because I plan on getting the ProBeam taillight as well (with the strobe module) and it would match better, although if there isn't a big difference in performance I'd probably just live with it.

Tell me more about the tour pack flasher? The tour pack lights on the M8 are LED... does it make them strobe? Or flash like an incandescent bulb?
If you don't mind a noob butting in let me help--pasted a link for a 1:54 min. video from the CD folks. I put the tour pack controller on my '16 RGU. WOW! Love it. The bike in the CD video also has the controller for the tail light on the fender but that would require me to buy the CD LED replacement tail light also @ $149.95 or so cause the stock '16 RGU tail light is not LED so I didn't change my stock fender tail light.

Last edited by KYRGultra; 12-29-2018 at 07:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nobodyknowsme (12-30-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 07:06 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Don't mind at all KYRG... in fact thanks very much for sounding off. I think the video you just posted is going to lighten my pockets by another 80 bucks!

The following users liked this post:
KYRGultra (12-29-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 03:11 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
If you don't mind a noob butting in let me help--pasted a link for a 1:54 min. video from the CD folks. I put the tour pack controller on my '16 RGU. WOW! Love it. The bike in the CD video also has the controller for the tail light on the fender but that would require me to buy the CD LED replacement tail light also @ $149.95 or so cause the stock '16 RGU tail light is not LED so I didn't change my stock fender tail light.

https://youtu.be/GxykraPZ4XM
Appreciate your post and contribution!!! I spend stupid money on lighting so a buck and change is swap meet swag IMO in this regard.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Still looking for anyone who can give a comparison of the ProBeam v. Standard Fillerz....

Old 12-31-2018, 03:47 PM
1pkraft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original Fillerz light up the entire surface while the ProBeam has more of a side to side light. Both provide a ton of light.

Fillerz

ProBeam Fillerz

Old 01-02-2019, 05:51 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by 1pkraft
The original Fillerz light up the entire surface while the ProBeam has more of a side to side light. Both provide a ton of light.

Fillerz

ProBeam Fillerz
Thank you 1pk....I gotta say I like the look of the Probeam better but if they're about equal in performance probably not worth dropping another $200. I am getting the Probeam taillight though...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:32 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I just got done seeing the 2 side by side at Grand Rapids Harley in Mi. The PB on both front and rear was a little brighter, including with the signals on. Standing on a angle the PB was still brighter. So I bought both front and rear PB for my 16 Slim.. The CD fillerz are still much better then stock. Cost me close to $40 more for all 4 of the PB but the extra brightness was worth it to me.

Quick Reply: CD Fillerz- ProBeam v. Standard