General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I told Cancer to Get Screwed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 02:49 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,709 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by n5tf
I have been told I am stage 4 and incurable. Currently I am doing chemo for three straight days at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (One of the best Centers in the World) every two weeks. I have one of the foremost experts as oncologist for adenocarcinoma. Week of 21st of Jan I go back for a new PET Scan to see how effective my treatments have been. I will keep fighting. It is overwhelming to see the responses I have received from my HD Forum family. If this dialogue somehow encourages myself and others to keep fighting then I will feel like I have done some good by sharing my personal experiences. I will keep this updated as we go through this fight. Thanks again for all the prayers and words of encouragement.
Fight.
Fight hard.
Fight dirty.
And NEEGU - Never ever ever give up!

Ride when you can, brother. And F*CK cancer!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:59 PM
major105bc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,258 Likes on 1,551 Posts

Renal cell carcinoma here. Cancer free since 2011. Praying for you and your loved ones. Put it behind you, bro.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:52 AM
n5tf
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by major105bc
Renal cell carcinoma here. Cancer free since 2011. Praying for you and your loved ones. Put it behind you, bro.
I am also from Middle Georgia. Displaced here after USAF retirement. Job is here so only get home to my place there every few months. Thanks for words of encouragement. Just finished 4th treatment at MD Anderson in Houston. Get a new scan in a few weeks so we should be able to determine if chemo being effective. Thanks to all my friends here for words of encouragement and prayers. God bless you guys...I look forward to the wind in my face this summer after my first round of treatments!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to rides this spring ! It shows strength and determination . Good for you !!! God Bless

Last edited by MyFavRk; 01-13-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:00 PM
abh46
Novice
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an idea of what you're going through. I've been battling kidney cancer since 1991. Stage IV since 2011, bought a Honda VTX1300R in 2012 as a retirement present to myself. Upgraded to a 2017 Road King in August 2018. It was the only motorcycle in the parking lot when I would go to the cancer center for my chemo infusions. I plan to continue as long as I'm able. Keep living and riding. It makes it better. Keep fighting!

Old 01-18-2019, 08:14 AM
mcgee10
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

You keep up the fight. For me, it was the treatment for cancer that did the damage to me. For almost 2 years all I could do was walk past my bike knowing I would never be able to ride it again. The radiation took most of my balance away. knowing would never sell it then I found a kit from Frankenstein trikes to convert my belove Softail into a bike I could ride again. Well, that's been 2 years now I put more miles on it now every year than ever before. I know just how precise our time on the bikes is now more than ever before. I told my buddies this was my only choice to be able to keep riding. Ride On!!!!

The following users liked this post:
n5tf (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 08:17 AM
n5tf
Tourer

Originally Posted by mcgee10
You keep up the fight. For me, it was the treatment for cancer that did the damage to me. For almost 2 years all I could do was walk past my bike knowing I would never be able to ride it again. The radiation took most of my balance away. knowing would never sell it then I found a kit from Frankenstein trikes to convert my belove Softail into a bike I could ride again. Well, that's been 2 years now I put more miles on it now every year than ever before. I know just how precise our time on the bikes is now more than ever before. I told my buddies this was my only choice to be able to keep riding. Ride On!!!!
Yes, very weak from not eating properly due to chemo. Thanks for note.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:04 AM
n5tf
Tourer

When I started this string, I told everyone I would update as I went through treatments. Last week I went to MD Anderson for my Body Scan and 5th Chemo treatment. Unfortunately after meeting with the oncologist I found out that the Chemo combination we had been using was not working to shrink my tumors. No spread to new organs but my tumors all grew. So, looking like they are going to try and get me in one of the new immunotherapy trials. If I don't qualify due to some health concern, then I will go back to a traditional chemo treatment. Keep me in your prayers...Still clinging to my Bike Trip bucket list....

Old 01-28-2019, 09:31 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,709 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Dang, man. Sorry to hear that. Hoping you get into the trials.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:48 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,646 Likes on 4,633 Posts

Originally Posted by n5tf
When I started this string, I told everyone I would update as I went through treatments. Last week I went to MD Anderson for my Body Scan and 5th Chemo treatment. Unfortunately after meeting with the oncologist I found out that the Chemo combination we had been using was not working to shrink my tumors. No spread to new organs but my tumors all grew. So, looking like they are going to try and get me in one of the new immunotherapy trials. If I don't qualify due to some health concern, then I will go back to a traditional chemo treatment. Keep me in your prayers...Still clinging to my Bike Trip bucket list....
I still continue to pray for you, my friend!

I am reminded of something. God uses the storms of our lives, to bring us to ends of our own abilities, and to the beginning of His. Stay strong, and fight with His strength.

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 01-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Today I told Cancer to Get Screwed