General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price check: 1981 FXB Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 05:48 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

Since we're on the subject of selling bikes, heres a funny that was going around a while back...

Old 03-18-2019, 09:06 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by riggpigg

These are pix of my 84 FLHS, it has just under 5K miles. I took the seat off so it didn't get damaged and put the rack and throwers on it. I think Ill ride it on an AMCA road run this year.

God damn that is a beautiful bike! Someone's got a FL for sale locally with the factory red flames for chump change. Your bike is making me think just maybe......

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy...843385124.html

Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,483 Posts

If you are referring to post count, I covered that in a previous post. but beings you brought it up, you're wrong, Im not "new" to any forum, I don't post a lot because someone usually covers my thoughts and there's no need to rehash an issue.............that, and the fact I actually RIDE my motorcycles don't leave me as much time to amass such a worldly and badass post count such as yours. but rave on you glorious poster......Im sure some here are impressed with your leg humping skills.............LMAO....
I had a 54 and I sold it, was *anniversary gold. (no such color) Im having a 57 restored in Topeka as a gift to a close friend. **I have a 76 FLH with 275 miles on it, I have a 76 FXE with 400 miles on it both Bi-Centennial models. I have a 77 FLH w/factory Sidecar, I have the 77 I spoke of earlier, I have a 78 Anniversary FLH(for sale) and a 72 FX being repainted now.and I also have an 84, mine is an FLHS I luckily stumbled onto by accident in Ohio a year ago. its untouched with 5K miles. its the black one. and they are now "Antique" by AMCA rules....lol I have others, the one in my avatar(under the speedo) is on the lift now being restored. You have some nice machines and I compliment you. Im guessing we likely have way more in common than not.....
*1954 colors...1. Tanks - Pepper (Fiesta) Red, Glacier Blue, Forest Green; 2. Fenders - Daytona Ivory. Tanks - Daytona Ivory; Fenders - Pepper (Fiesta) Red, Glacier Blue, Forest Green. 3. Tanks/Fenders - White, Anniversary Yellow, Police Silver w/ Black Stripes

**...that is not riding, that is trailer queen material.

Fortunately most State, County , and City agencies offer services for people who have addiction problems due to having done too much LSD.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:01 PM
riggpigg
Club Member

Panz, you seem to want to spar some more so here we go.....the two 1976 models I own are very rare with almost zero miles on them, I have ridden them a bit, Ive chosen to keep them at their low mileage because, well frankly, because they're mine and I can do what I want with them. The 54 That I stated that I sold was anniversary gold or anniversary yellow depending on which nomenclature you choose to use it was sold to Mr. Bator, one of the guys you think is clueless....its like one shot pin striping paint, its called imitation gold, when actually its dark yellow. When I made the statement I actually ride my bikes, again you made an assumption, and you are again, wrong. You assumed that the two or three low mileage bikes I posted pix of were somehow the brunt of my collection, it is not. I posted some pix of some of my bikes to try to take this thread out of the gutter, you seem hell bent on taking it back there, why? I don't know, So Ill tell you what, you list the bikes you own and you post documented mileage you rode last year for example, not what you say you rode, or what your leg humpers say you rode, and I'll post some of mine to keep up with you and Ill post some documented mileage as well........and for your last comment, you call me a drug addict, which obviously is an issue with you, maybe you have a drug problem, you sure seem to know a lot about it and you seem to know where the treatment resources are. I won't judge you for your weaknesses, but if calling everyone else that won't kiss your ring a drug addict makes you feel good then by all means go ahead. Okay pans.......post away.....
Oh, BTW, the "Liberty Edition" Sticker on your tour Pak is wrong. 1976 models are Bicentennial Models, 1986 bikes are Liberty Models..........Just so you are in the know, like the NADA guys....

Last edited by riggpigg; 03-18-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:05 PM
riggpigg
Club Member

Heres a 77 were doing for a customer, he wanted it to his liking and not restored to original. I like his color choices, it will have 1965 tank emblems and a set of white hard bags. It is really a nice combo, I'll post some pix when its done....

Old 03-19-2019, 01:27 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Panz, you seem to want to spar some more so here we go.....the two 1976 models I own are very rare with almost zero miles on them, I have ridden them a bit, Ive chosen to keep them at their low mileage because, well frankly, because they're mine and I can do what I want with them. The 54 That I stated that I sold was anniversary gold or anniversary yellow depending on which nomenclature you choose to use it was sold to Mr. Bator, one of the guys you think is clueless....its like one shot pin striping paint, its called imitation gold, when actually its dark yellow. When I made the statement I actually ride my bikes, again you made an assumption, and you are again, wrong. You assumed that the two or three low mileage bikes I posted pix of were somehow the brunt of my collection, it is not. I posted some pix of some of my bikes to try to take this thread out of the gutter, you seem hell bent on taking it back there, why? I don't know, So Ill tell you what, you list the bikes you own and you post documented mileage you rode last year for example, not what you say you rode, or what your leg humpers say you rode, and I'll post some of mine to keep up with you and Ill post some documented mileage as well........and for your last comment, you call me a drug addict, which obviously is an issue with you, maybe you have a drug problem, you sure seem to know a lot about it and you seem to know where the treatment resources are. I won't judge you for your weaknesses, but if calling everyone else that won't kiss your ring a drug addict makes you feel good then by all means go ahead. Okay pans.......post away.....
Oh, BTW, the "Liberty Edition" Sticker on your tour Pak is wrong. 1976 models are Bicentennial Models, 1986 bikes are Liberty Models..........Just so you are in the know, like the NADA guys....
...and these same agencies also offer services for those with an addicition to methamphetamine

Last edited by panz4ever; 03-19-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:06 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,193 Likes on 5,618 Posts
Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

The reason Im here is because the OP asked a question, and I answered it. It didn't set well with the gang, the gang started a dog pile, I responded. You are just another one flapping your jaws that's obviously clueless as well. There's not much leg humping room left, but if you sit patiently some of the front runners will tire and fall off, then you can assume the position.
I have never insinuated ANYTHING about me having superior knowledge, nor have I strayed from the original advice (backed up by proof) I gave the OP. Now along comes some of you imbeciles that have sobered up from your weekend binge and want to join in....read the thread, Quote me where you think Ive stated any kind of know it all info......To suggest the board of the Antique NADA Price Guide are some how not in the mix, is to show the ignorance you possess. Its always better to keep your yap shut and let a few think you're stupid, as to open it and prove to all how stupid you truly are......well played fool.
Now, now, that's not quite the way it went. You posted some values for a bike, somebody disagreed with those values and you started pounding on your keyboard waiving your NADA book like a bible and spouting off about how much you know about all things Harey. Then you posted a bunch of pictures of bikes you may or may not have owned and of the inside of somebodies shop proclaiming yourself to be "Mr. Resto." Then in your the above quote you were the one calling people clueless, imbeciles and accusing people of being ignorant drunks. I'd call all of that some pretty strong arrogance. That being said I think you've been given more time than I think you're worth so shoo, go away.

Last edited by Hey Man; 03-19-2019 at 06:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hey Man:
kngpn (03-19-2019), pahogrider (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 08:46 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
...and these same agencies also offer services for those with an addicition to methamphetamine
Y'know....RiggPigg is taking a lot of **** on this thread for bad behavior. Comments like this aren't any better. In fact, I'm surprised to see them from you. You're not doing a thing to take the high road at this point.

Both you guys have a lot to offer this forum. Both of you are clearly experts with good reputations in the sport. How about we all just relax and take a deep breath. There can be more than one expert in the room.

The following 2 users liked this post by nevada72:
DanHappy (03-19-2019), QNman (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 AM
riggpigg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Now, now, that's not quite the way it went. You posted some values for a bike, somebody disagreed with those values and you started pounding on your keyboard waiving your NADA book like a bible and spouting off about how much you know about all things Harey. Then you posted a bunch of pictures of bikes you may or may not have owned and of the inside of somebodies shop proclaiming yourself to be "Mr. Resto." Then in your the above quote you were the one calling people clueless, imbeciles and accusing people of being ignorant drunks. I'd call all of that some pretty strong arrogance. That being said I think you've been given more time than I think you're worth so shoo, go away.
Hey man, like I said, reading comprehension is hard. I posted a reply to the OP, your hero Panz didn't simply disagree, he insinuated I was smoking dope to believe the book written by many of the worlds leading authorities on ALL models were some how, in his mind idiots. THAT is when I started"pounding on my keyboard and waving my NADA book" . There is a huge difference in being arrogant and being right.
Now here you come all puffed up and calling names as well, likely because you are bored, or want to defend panz, like he needs more help proving his ignorance or you simply like to call names when you run out of fact based argument. Like I said, do some research, Im not hard to find, Ill be in your area in September on 'the chase', come see me in meat space......then you can judge
. All pictures I posted are in fact screen grabs from the internet, it took me quite a while to find them all. I actually live in a tent in the PNW so I can get my drugs for free....

Quick Reply: Price check: 1981 FXB Sturgis