General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate me on CVO dealing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 01:29 PM
smoothcvo
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt68061
Hello all. Looking at a 2019 CVO Street Glide. Trading in my Very low mile 2013 Anniversary Ultra.

Im not a frequent forum poster but bounce in to read thru every so often so Im not as up to date as I should be.

My question is very simple...is there much negotiation on price on these? Don't flame me ... Im really curious from those that have actually purchased recently.

When I bought my Ultra back in '12 there wasnt a whole lot of play.

Just trying to be prepared when I start the haggling game.

Thanks in advance for any info shared!
When I bought my 2017 CVO Street Glide there wasn't any haggling. They had reduced the price to move it for the new arrivals so the price was the price. I did get 3 oil changes out of the deal.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Halojumper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,357 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossack84
Way to come in and crap all over mans post with your irrelevant opinion. Didn’t we just have a post about haters?

Matt,
there was a road glide CVO at my dealer that set for ever, salesman seemed eager to move it. I’d say there should be no problem for them to have room to negotiate.
If I guy is coming in asking for feedback, are we expected to only answer along the party line? Seems like that kind of defeats the purpose of honest feedback.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Cash is king ... I don't know about that ... With some of the ridiculous and unscrupulous financing methods used today they'd be more apt to persuade you into a "deal of a lifetime" financing option :<(
True, last new truck I bought ws with several options not included in cash price or financing outside their finance company. I took the cheese, financed through the dealerships finance company for the extra options. After first payment was made I got over 2% better rates from my credit union and kept the options.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:29 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,335 Likes on 11,165 Posts

I just don’t care for the ‘19 CVO colors. So, I’m not even thinking ‘bout one.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Cossack84
Tourer
Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Halojumper
If I guy is coming in asking for feedback, are we expected to only answer along the party line? Seems like that kind of defeats the purpose of honest feedback.
Matt didn’t ask feedback on CVO.....reread original post. Man asked how to work out a deal on one.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:22 AM
RiderX
Road Master
Received 297 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulHog1
I just paid $38k for a new CVO street glide. I don't know if that's a great deal, but I felt good about it. I think the deals are out there and now is a good time to buy as bikes aren't moving that well...at least here in the Northeast.
Was $38K the 'out the door' price? Or was that before taxes, tags, freight, etc...?

Dealer offered to sell me a 2019 CVO Street Glide for $35,500 - the 'out the door' price is $39K. There is no trade in involved. Am I wrong for thinking this is an amazing deal?

Last edited by RiderX; 04-28-2019 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:55 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,321 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
I would also like to say that HD financing has no penalty for paying a bike off early....so if its a point of contention at the dealer, go ahead and finance it and then pay it off....I paid off both my Harleys YEARS in advance....
I thought there was a minimum number of months the loan had to be in effect for the dealer to get their bonus for selling the finance option. Regardless, HD Financing was a breeze to deal with at start and payoff of the loans

Old 04-28-2019, 07:36 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,419 Likes on 2,224 Posts

Like every other retail item, it boils down to Cash Flow vs. Supply and demand

Old 04-28-2019, 08:14 AM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

I just actually traded my 2017 CVO Limited for a Street Glide Special. My personal experience on buying the CVO’s is you rarely will get a big discount unless it’s a leftover. Meaning the latest greatest model is introduced and new model year CVO’s are coming in while the previous model is still sitting. And something to think about it’s a long term keeper bike if you don’t want to feel the pain on trade 2-3 years later. Also, you mentioned it’s already custom and good to go which is true and personalizing her can have a value depreciation as well. And if your in the 40k plus money on a bike does a 2-3k discount really make the difference at the end of the day?

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 04-28-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:26 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

I have an older CVO, not completely stock especially motor wise. Grips, footpegs and seat have been changed. It is a clean bike and like the ol' lady says it has eyes.....At my age I'll probably never buy another new bike so I'll enjoy the hell out of what I got.

Quick Reply: Educate me on CVO dealing