General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NENKI NK-856 Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts
Default NENKI NK-856 Full Face Helmet

I was looking for a new helmet for short rides and something that looked "cooler" than the solid black helmet I have now. I found this on Amazon with a 4.6/5 rating and for $92 I figured, what the heck. Anyone have one of these? Nenki makes a LOT of different colors and graphic schemes, I bought the orange one since I have an orange bike. I already bought it so this isn't a "should I get it or not" thread, just wondering who has had one and what their experience is. Most reviews are very positive online but I can't really interact with those folks.

NENKI NK-856 Helmet NENKI NK-856 Helmet

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 03-22-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:16 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,666 Likes on 2,676 Posts

I don't have one, but I look forward to hearing your review of it. Looks more sport bike oriented and those can sometimes lift , or create turbulence on touring bikes.

I like modular helmets for full face. I had an HJC that I've been wearing for almost ten years in the rain and on long trips. Just upgraded to a Simpson Mod Bandit. Supposed to arrive Saturday.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:39 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
I don't have one, but I look forward to hearing your review of it. Looks more sport bike oriented and those can sometimes lift , or create turbulence on touring bikes.

I like modular helmets for full face. I had an HJC that I've been wearing for almost ten years in the rain and on long trips. Just upgraded to a Simpson Mod Bandit. Supposed to arrive Saturday.
I have a Harley FXRG (HJC) which is now out of warranty and the plastic thing that holds the visor up is broken for the second time and they can't find parts. A $550 helmet that is garbage. I got it at an estate sale so it was $100, not too worried about it. The helmet is not any better than my G-Max modular which cost less than $150, I have used it a lot more and it isn't broken. So, spending more doesn't necessarily buy a better helmet in my opinion. And, you are right...they do seem to be for Sport Bike riders but I love the iridium reflective shield...it's just cool. I hope the Nenki can at least keep the rain out. I was also hoping it's a little quieter than my modular helmets. After lots of research I don't believe any helmet is quiet so we'll see how this one works.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:27 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,666 Likes on 2,676 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I have a Harley FXRG (HJC) which is now out of warranty and the plastic thing that holds the visor up is broken for the second time and they can't find parts. A $550 helmet that is garbage. I got it at an estate sale so it was $100, not too worried about it. The helmet is not any better than my G-Max modular which cost less than $150, I have used it a lot more and it isn't broken. So, spending more doesn't necessarily buy a better helmet in my opinion. And, you are right...they do seem to be for Sport Bike riders but I love the iridium reflective shield...it's just cool. I hope the Nenki can at least keep the rain out. I was also hoping it's a little quieter than my modular helmets. After lots of research I don't believe any helmet is quiet so we'll see how this one works.
In my experience it depends. If you're spending more to buy something branded for HD, I'd say that's definitely true. HJC makes their helmets, so you're paying a premium just for their name, similar to how the Daymaker headlight compares to a JW Speaker Evo II. In general though, I think you get what you pay for with helmets. A HJC isn't going to beat a Shoei, or other high end helmet for noise, features and comfort. I took a gamble on the Simpson, over a Neotec, or similar priced helmet because I like the styling.

None of this has anything to do with your thread and I apologize for sidetracking. It's a good looking lid, and the price is right. Let us know what you think of it after you get some miles on it.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:33 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
In my experience it depends. If you're spending more to buy something branded for HD, I'd say that's definitely true. HJC makes their helmets, so you're paying a premium just for their name, similar to how the Daymaker headlight compares to a JW Speaker Evo II. In general though, I think you get what you pay for with helmets. A HJC isn't going to beat a Shoei, or other high end helmet for noise, features and comfort. I took a gamble on the Simpson, over a Neotec, or similar priced helmet because I like the styling.

None of this has anything to do with your thread and I apologize for sidetracking. It's a good looking lid, and the price is right. Let us know what you think of it after you get some miles on it.
It is the internet, if a threat is on topic after 2 posts I am amazed. I'll throw out some feedback once I have had a chance to break it in.

The following users liked this post:
FNGonaRK (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

No way i'd trust my head safety to a less than $100 helmet. It's not even street legal here in the UK. Still, better than wearing nothing i suppose.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:59 AM
clydewilson4
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Given all the misspellings and that fact that is a "super fiber made special helmet" I would stay far away. Just because it has a DOT sticker doesn't mean it is.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:32 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
No way i'd trust my head safety to a less than $100 helmet. It's not even street legal here in the UK. Still, better than wearing nothing i suppose.
So you don't have one? Ok.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:33 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Just a reminder....

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I already bought it so this isn't a "should I get it or not" thread, just wondering who has had one and what their experience is.