General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's so "Premium" about Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM
highwayman50
Stellar HDF Member
Received 966 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldpaps
I've never seen one of those yamahas out on the road!?
You might have, you just didn't recognize the taillight.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:53 AM
assiniboine
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4,432 Likes on 2,765 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
You haven't been to a rally lately have you?

The only place you'd see more baggage is the airport.
Dude, I think that would be your favourite watering hole! lol!

The following users liked this post:
Ernie DeBord (04-13-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:05 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,840 Likes on 826 Posts

To the guy with the 2008 Yamaha Raider.... If you can sell that for $7000 by noon tomorrow, you're a fool to not do it. Personally, I don't believe you'd even get anybody offering you near that. They'd be the biggest sucker I've ever seen if they did. A question for you... If you already owned the Yamaha, and by your own statements, you think it's much better than a Harley, why did you BUY the Harley?

Ernie DeBord (04-13-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:41 AM
highwayman50
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
To the guy with the 2008 Yamaha Raider.... If you can sell that for $7000 by noon tomorrow, you're a fool to not do it. Personally, I don't believe you'd even get anybody offering you near that. They'd be the biggest sucker I've ever seen if they did. A question for you... If you already owned the Yamaha, and by your own statements, you think it's much better than a Harley, why did you BUY the Harley?
Believe what you want, I have 2 friends that would bid each other for it. And no need to be an *** with the biggest sucker remark either. The biggest sucker's are the ones lining up to pay 30k for a Harley. I'm sure you know squat about a Raider. I bought the Harley cuz I could, hows that for an answer.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:58 AM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayman50
Believe what you want, I have 2 friends that would bid each other for it. And no need to be an *** with the biggest sucker remark either. The biggest sucker's are the ones lining up to pay 30k for a Harley. I'm sure you know squat about a Raider. I bought the Harley cuz I could, hows that for an answer.
I see you like to respond only when facts don't get in the way. Well, guess what - I looked up that awesome Rider of yours. Most dealers list 2008 Rider S between $5K - 6K, with few below and few over. That means you can get one for under $5k easy. If you have friends that want to pay over $7k, sell it and find smarter friends!

The following 2 users liked this post by polbit:
Ernie DeBord (04-13-2019), hd4evr2008 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 12:29 PM
highwayman50
Stellar HDF Member

Look, this is my last post on this topic. I'm not going to keep responding to the "NOTHING IS BETTER THAN A HARLEY" crowd. And to most of you the are responding to one or two of my posts without reading them all.
This started out as me showing a pic of my 2 bikes, my 2014 sgs and my 2008 Yamaha raider. I stated that I LIKE BOTH BIKES!! But, as to my experience with the tag "premium" that the op talked about, the Raider is a better built bike, runs better, handles better and just feels like a more solid machine.
I'd be willing to bet that all the folks responding, giving me grief have never even seen a Raider more less rode one. Yet they are getting on here telling me about a raider v Harley.
Maybe I'm different but, I try to avoid a discussion, argument, I'm right your wrong type of thing when I know little to nothing about 1/2 the topic.
Until one of you can prove to me you have actually ridden a raider for any distance more than to the corner and back, than your opinions really dont count. Not anymore than my opinion should matter to someone buying a boat, cuz I don't know anything about a boat beyond get one that dont leak.
Again, I like both my bikes, it's just the Yamaha is a better built bike in almost every way.
Ther was a time I had 2 pickups, a Ford and a Ram, I liked them both but, the Ford was a better built truck.
Ok then, no hard feelings and y'all can bash me and metrics till the cows come home.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:52 PM
polbit
Tourer

Look, this is my last post on this topic. I'm not going to keep responding to the "NOTHING IS BETTER THAN A HARLEY" crowd. And to most of you the are responding to one or two of my posts without reading them all.
This started out as me showing a pic of my 2 bikes, my 2014 sgs and my 2008 Yamaha raider. I stated that I LIKE BOTH BIKES!! But, as to my experience with the tag "premium" that the op talked about, the Raider is a better built bike, runs better, handles better and just feels like a more solid machine.
I'd be willing to bet that all the folks responding, giving me grief have never even seen a Raider more less rode one. Yet they are getting on here telling me about a raider v Harley.
Maybe I'm different but, I try to avoid a discussion, argument, I'm right your wrong type of thing when I know little to nothing about 1/2 the topic.
Until one of you can prove to me you have actually ridden a raider for any distance more than to the corner and back, than your opinions really dont count. Not anymore than my opinion should matter to someone buying a boat, cuz I don't know anything about a boat beyond get one that dont leak.
Again, I like both my bikes, it's just the Yamaha is a better built bike in almost every way.
Ther was a time I had 2 pickups, a Ford and a Ram, I liked them both but, the Ford was a better built truck.
Ok then, no hard feelings and y'all can bash me and metrics till the cows come home.
Iv'e said nothing about the bike itself, only about your claims that:

a) Harley's have a bad resale value, which was disputed
b) You can sell a 2008 Rider for over $7k, which again was disputed

Personally I got nothing against any bike until proven otherwise, and have had many metrics and Harleys. Just don't like to see FUD being spread.

Ride safe!

Old 04-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 526 Posts

If you can get 7K for that "Charley" sell it, cause those go for 4-5K here all day long, and the ONLY reason that the Raider exists is because of HD. HD has been the benchmark that the Japs have been chasing for decades...thus the reason there are soooooo many Charley's being made by foreign manufactures. Is the HD a "premium" bike?, maybe, but the fact is that I can still get quality parts for 30 my year old Harley, but can't for my Jap bike...those are all poorly made cheap Chinese garbage that lasts a year at best before you have to replace it again with the same garbage because there is almost no aftermarket support.

hd4evr2008 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountainkowboy
If you can get 7K for that "Charley" sell it, cause those go for 4-5K here all day long, and the ONLY reason that the Raider exists is because of HD. HD has been the benchmark that the Japs have been chasing for decades...thus the reason there are soooooo many Charley's being made by foreign manufactures. Is the HD a "premium" bike?, maybe, but the fact is that I can still get quality parts for 30 my year old Harley, but can't for my Jap bike...those are all poorly made cheap Chinese garbage that lasts a year at best before you have to replace it again with the same garbage because there is almost no aftermarket support.
If every cruiser is a clone of a Harley, than is every 4-door sedan a clone of the Model T? Is a Camaro a clone of a Mustang? Is the Thunderbird a clone of a Corvette?

Is a Street 500 a clone of a 1982 Honda Ascot VT500?

STFU about that clone ****...

Haarley (04-12-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 02:21 PM
polbit
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mountainkowboy
[...]those are all poorly made cheap Chinese garbage that lasts a year at best[...]

But hey, don't get facts in your way.

Mattbastard (04-10-2019)

Quick Reply: What's so "Premium" about Harley?