General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:22 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
I guess its preference. I prefer the looks of the chopper style. I think ppl are afraid of a skinny front wheel. The looks of the newer bikes arent for me. Coulda got a new one..got the wide glide instead. Harley got rid of all the good bikes in my opinion. Brought back the lowrider I guess.
I can tell you that the new M8 softail are mechanically better bikes than the Dynas. I swapped a much loved and heavily performance modded 2014 Fat Bob for a 2018 Fat Bob and the 2018 bike is just plain better in every way. Better ride, better handling, better motor, better brakes, better electrics.

No regrets.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:48 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Definitely preference

[The new bikes look like ****. Plain and simple. Harley seems to be targeting the Foxtrot Alpha Gulf’s QUOTE=adm;18226570]I can tell you that the new M8 softail are mechanically better bikes than the Dynas. I swapped a much loved and heavily performance modded 2014 Fat Bob for a 2018 Fat Bob and the 2018 bike is just plain better in every way. Better ride, better handling, better motor, better brakes, better electrics.

No regrets.[/QUOTE]

Old 05-02-2019, 02:54 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

The new bikes look like ****. Plain and simple. Harley seems to be targeting the Foxtrot Alpha Gulf’s
Wow. Way to ingratiate yourself, newb. You DID notice the fellow you responded to HAS ONE, right?

The following users liked this post:
adm (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:01 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default Oh well

Not a newbie to the bike world SON. If you have a whip to look cool and never want to use it for what its intended...DONT USE IT. Would you fly red and white bc u thought you were cool? I bet you would.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 PM
upStomp
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

anyone else think the newer bikes are kinda eh? Besides the M8, The big fat front tire seems to be a thing. I know, bigger tire makes a better ride. I like the 21” rim. What do you guys like/prefer?
I appreciate a fat front tire when dealing with Massachusetts roads.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:19 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default 10-4

hey man. I have had the “privilege” of living there. As long as democrats control MA the roads will continue to suck and the taxes will increase. Taxachussetts. Your either poor or rich and everyone acts better than everyone else. A liberal cest pool. TRUMP 2020
Originally Posted by upStomp
I appreciate a fat front tire when dealing with Massachusetts roads.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:58 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,788 Likes on 6,213 Posts

(We got a live one here)

Old 05-02-2019, 04:53 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Not a newbie to the bike world SON. If you have a whip to look cool and never want to use it for what its intended...DONT USE IT. Would you fly red and white bc u thought you were cool? I bet you would.
What the actual foxtrot are you on about?? Did you get your threads crossed? Does this happen often? Are you off your meds? Read the thread title, then your post, then MY post, then this post.... try to get back on track.

"Son". That's cute.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:58 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

[The new bikes look like ****. Plain and simple. Harley seems to be targeting the Foxtrot Alpha Gulf’s
Originally Posted by adm
I can tell you that the new M8 softail are mechanically better bikes than the Dynas. I swapped a much loved and heavily performance modded 2014 Fat Bob for a 2018 Fat Bob and the 2018 bike is just plain better in every way. Better ride, better handling, better motor, better brakes, better electrics.

No regrets.
I fixed the attributes for you! Also, it would be nice if you stopped shouting in bold all the time.

Anyway....looks are subjective, but performance and handling are objective ( I know....you shouldn't really buy Harleys if that's what you like). The new Softails are just better bikes than even the late model Dynas, no matter what they look like. As a Dyna and new Softail owner I feel qualified to make a somewhat objective assessment. They aren't perfect, but they are better. Go ride a few....you may be surprised.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:11 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default I value that

I use BOLD text so you know its me. I dont subscribe to social norms. As far as performance goes It depends on the riders SKILL to operate the machine effectively. Any ahole can get a sick engine/bike. Looks are subjective thats why I dont **** every chick that walks by
Originally Posted by adm
I fixed the attributes for you! Also, it would be nice if you stopped shouting in bold all the time.

Anyway....looks are subjective, but performance and handling are objective ( I know....you shouldn't really buy Harleys if that's what you like). The new Softails are just better bikes than even the late model Dynas, no matter what they look like. As a Dyna and new Softail owner I feel qualified to make a somewhat objective assessment. They aren't perfect, but they are better. Go ride a few....you may be surprised.

Quick Reply: Dyna's