General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:38 PM
CrazySteve
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dyna's

With the new design Fat bobs, Soft tails for 2018 onward and discontinued Dyna line, will any parts swap out to the old Dyna's? I found a seat for sale I like but its a 2018 factory off a Fat bob. Will it fit my 2013 Super glide?? I hope this is the right area to pist this question. I'm new and navigating to see where to ask proper questions for proper threads.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:40 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,125 Likes on 1,622 Posts

The new softails are a completely new frame design. I would be shocked if seats would swap to the older bikes.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:29 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,815 Likes on 6,220 Posts

Softail seats are generally dished deeper than swingarm seats. If you got it to fit at all, it would probably have a big crease in it.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:22 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Go on the HD website and look for a seat for your ride, then see what else it fits. New softails are completely different.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:48 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,841 Likes on 826 Posts

Short and sweet.......NO.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:03 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyna seat

Hey man. I got an extra seat I just took off my 16 wide glide today. It comes with the passenger pillion. All the pics are with the seat I just took off.

Originally Posted by CrazySteve
With the new design Fat bobs, Soft tails for 2018 onward and discontinued Dyna line, will any parts swap out to the old Dyna's? I found a seat for sale I like but its a 2018 factory off a Fat bob. Will it fit my 2013 Super glide?? I hope this is the right area to pist this question. I'm new and navigating to see where to ask proper questions for proper threads.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default Newer bikes

anyone else think the newer bikes are kinda eh? Besides the M8, The big fat front tire seems to be a thing. I know, bigger tire makes a better ride. I like the 21” rim. What do you guys like/prefer?
Originally Posted by VAFish
The new softails are a completely new frame design. I would be shocked if seats would swap to the older bikes.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
anyone else think the newer bikes are kinda eh? Besides the M8, The big fat front tire seems to be a thing. I know, bigger tire makes a better ride. I like the 21” rim. What do you guys like/prefer?
The big fat front tire on big inch Harleys was always a thing until the chopper-inspired Superglide came along. The styling of the Heritage is mostly based on the Panheads, hence the "Heritage" name.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:33 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default Preference

I guess its preference. I prefer the looks of the chopper style. I think ppl are afraid of a skinny front wheel. The looks of the newer bikes arent for me. Coulda got a new one..got the wide glide instead. Harley got rid of all the good bikes in my opinion. Brought back the lowrider I guess.
Originally Posted by RK4ME
The big fat front tire on big inch Harleys was always a thing until the chopper-inspired Superglide came along. The styling of the Heritage is mostly based on the Panheads, hence the "Heritage" name.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:45 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default Easy rider

pretty sure easyrider featured a panhead. Big front tires are Gulf Alpha Yankee—OUT!
Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
I guess its preference. I prefer the looks of the chopper style. I think ppl are afraid of a skinny front wheel. The looks of the newer bikes arent for me. Coulda got a new one..got the wide glide instead. Harley got rid of all the good bikes in my opinion. Brought back the lowrider I guess.

Quick Reply: Dyna's