General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Shares Can Double: Fund Manager

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 03:22 PM
soldierbot
POD Squad
Received 91,293 Likes on 23,496 Posts
Default Harley-Davidson Shares Can Double: Fund Manager

Instead of the constant drumbeat of bad news for the MoCo...here, we have a new price target for the stock.

Target price: $70.00

Recent price: $33.27

Timeframe: 2-5 years

An interesting read and I just included the conclusion

Conclusion

"As of now, the market clearly underestimates the potential of the company to grow revenue and completely discounts the management’s expansion plans. We’ve had to assume a decline in revenue of 26% and the free cash flow margin dropping by 52% over the next six years, coupled with a negative terminal growth rate of 2.5% in order to arrive at the current market valuation.

We believe the company has a solid balance sheet, high profitability, one of the best known and most valuable brands in the world, competent management, a clear understanding of what needs to be done, a good roadmap on which to execute and what seems like adequate progress.

The market’s pessimism coupled with the above-stated strengths of the business allow us to think of HD as a coiled spring – lots of potential ready to be released once the market realizes that management is actually delivering. We estimate an uptick in annual revenue to be an inflection point at which the sentiment will become increasingly bullish.

We also believe that our target price of about $70 is a safe bet, since the assumptions that went into it are quite conservative with flat revenue and cash flow margins. We estimate an investment horizon of about three years, as that is sufficient time to see whether HD is on track and its efforts are being highlighted by the market."

https://www.barrons.com/articles/har...er-51559252248

A bit of optimistic good news for Harley Davidson. I hope this fund managers crystal ball is accurate.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:36 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

I hope Harley isn't betting the ranch on that new overpriced electric toy they plan to release , to save the company and bring their stock up to $70 a share. Do they ever look at what their competition is doing? Do they really think people are going to spend 30 k on a electric bike, that can be had by their competition for less then half that?. Who are they going to sell those "100 new models" to they plan to release ?. When they can't sell the tried and true models in production now. Harley needs to get rid of their CEO and get someone who can lead the company into the future, not into bankruptcy or a hostel takeover.,,,

Old 05-31-2019, 04:08 PM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,321 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
I hope Harley isn't betting the ranch on that new overpriced electric toy they plan to release , to save the company and bring their stock up to $70 a share. Do they ever look at what their competition is doing? Do they really think people are going to spend 30 k on a electric bike, that can be had by their competition for less then half that?. Who are they going to sell those "100 new models" to they plan to release ?. When they can't sell the tried and true models in production now. Harley needs to get rid of their CEO and get someone who can lead the company into the future, not into bankruptcy or a hostel takeover.,,,
I expect the new water cooled engines in four sizes are where they are betting the farm. I just want to see if they have the mojo to release a true sport touring bike to go along side that Adventure bike they showed off. With a new engine they have more leeway in model diversity than trying it with the M8. Though I am still hoping the touring line gets a frame and electronics update.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:05 PM
Candler
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

A high performance touring bike with a 180hp liquid cooled v4.
All touring bikes lack horsepower, I don't care who makes them.