General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb broad can't drive...rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
That is a real problem around here. What makes matters worst is half the stops signs are way back and you actually have to get past them to see. There are the people who cut corners short and some even learn or think they need to swing out right to turn left. It's Russian Roulet on a bike these days.

All the FI bikes have a bank angle circuit in the signal light circuit and or alarm signal light circuit that kills the fuel pump.
People who can't execute a proper left turn are abundant in the city where I work. I see accidents from this scenario (where they clipped the front of a car at the red light) all the time. This particular event that happened to me Friday was out in the country about 4 miles from home. I rarely see that type of poor driving around here. Most folks are pretty respectful to others on the road, don't tailgate, don't impatiently pull out into a small gap between cars, and usually don't cut left-hand turns short. I guess I gotta stay up on my A-game around home too.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:33 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Walter White
...Another one I see often is folks coming up to a side street on your right are going so fast like they are going to blow through the stop and slam their brakes on. Then immediately look down at the smart phone in their hand. It's like they are so addicted to their phone even the few seconds they are stopped they have to start reading it.
I noticed this particular behavior when I first started working in the city. I just though replacing brake pads was some kind of hobby I didn't know about.

The following users liked this post:
Sorce (07-15-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 02:36 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I wonder if she knew what she did or was so oblivious to her surroundings that she just kept on about her self absorbed merry way.
That was the weird thing...She was looking right at me the whole time. Even as she was going through the turn, her head was facing me, not down the road. Really bizarre.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

She may have looked in your direction, but did she really "see" you.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:51 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sparkee...
She may have looked in your direction, but did she really "see" you.
As she was turning through the intersection, she was looking at me the whole time. For instance, when she was right beside me, and I though her side-view mirror was gonna whack my elbow, her head was turned sideways facing me, not the road in front of her.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:49 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I wonder if she knew what she did or was so oblivious to her surroundings that she just kept on about her self absorbed merry way.
Exactly what I was thinking and was about post.

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I thought Go-Pro's caused accidents...at least that what YouTube has taught me.
Now that's funny right there.

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
This is why I commute on the interstate 95% of the time. Friday was just one of those 5% days where I felt like taking the long way home.
Given the statistics about intersections, driveways and the like - limited access highways are safer, but they present their own risks and require a different set of countermeasures.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,235 Likes on 5,638 Posts

It must be going around. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday, fortunately my bike stayed upright. It was so close I thought for sure I was going to get hit.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:54 AM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Glad you’re ok and minor damage to the bike. There everywhere. It’s not just bikes, but pedestrians also.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:10 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,480 Likes on 2,478 Posts

"We have a lot of tourists at this time of year."

Who in their right mind would pick Michigan as a vacation destination?

Don't hafta worry too much about bad drivers, & Florida has a huge share, but I live in the country & pretty much stay their when I ride.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:28 AM
CrBear
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,010 Likes on 1,662 Posts

In Pensacola this week with the family. Going to swing by the Harley dealer for a poker chip (only one not on the bike), but the drivers are different Guessing most are party induced in the area. Mentioned to Boston buddy I was here.. He said :Only a Texan would go to Florida in July., Ha

One thing was cool.. Blue Angels flew over the beach

Last edited by CrBear; 07-15-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Dumb broad can't drive...rant