Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   J&S Lifts or Jack as some call them (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1302931-j-and-s-lifts-or-jack-as-some-call-them.html)

Vipers Harley 09-30-2019 07:49 PM

J&S Lifts or Jack as some call them

I'm sure others have posted in regards to the J&S lift
Having leaking issues, I'm sorta at a undecided point of whether to keep it or sell it and stick with my 15 year old yellow cheap jack... it's never failed me in any way but just not as solid as the j&s.

I've contacted them and getting the check this check that and so on, I've checked all I can at this point.

I can't trust raising a bike with w leaking jack and just looking to see how many others have had issues and what you done to resolve them?
At over $600 shipped I feel the Jack's on them should never have a problem...

Just curious of other people's issues with them and the best options to resolve the junk Jack's used on a otherwise great lift.

Geezr Glidr 09-30-2019 09:27 PM

I keep my bike in a 10x20 storage unit with about a 7 foot gravel bank to get into it. I'm more nervous backing a 900 lb bike down that gravel, than I am riding up a ramp to get it into the unit. I was considering a J&S to spin the bike around inside the unit, and just head out rather than backing down that gravel bank. I'll be following this one.

LQQK_OUT 09-30-2019 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vipers Harley (Post 18581683)
Having leaking issues, I'm sorta at a undecided point of whether to keep it or sell it and stick with my 15 year old yellow cheap jack... it's never failed me in any way but just not as solid as the j&s.

I've contacted them and getting the check this check that and so on, I've checked all I can at this point.

I can't trust raising a bike with w leaking jack and just looking to see how many others have had issues and what you done to resolve them?

Just curious of other people's issues with them and the best options to resolve the junk Jack's used on a otherwise great lift.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...k-failure.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...k-failure.html

klap 10-01-2019 03:29 AM

put the hydraulic 15 year old yellow cheap jack on the j&s..problem solved..the frame on the j&s is the main thing anyway..hell, you can put a harbor freight jack on it and be ok..

shorelasHD 10-01-2019 03:48 AM

Presumably the bottle jack is leaking? Just pull it off, get a $30 bottle jack from Walmart or Harbor Freight, drill 2 holes in the base, mount, and problem solved. :icon_nic:

fxdup 10-01-2019 03:53 AM

That is what the safety latches are for. Bike ain't going nowhere.

assiniboine 10-01-2019 03:53 AM

Ur old jack has never failed u but just not as solid as a J&S?

U want a solid jack when ur lifting and working under 900 lbs.

I'd repair the J&S!

Brewmany 10-01-2019 06:38 AM

Replace the bottle. Done.

Mxdad 10-01-2019 07:26 AM

Thats really a simple fix as others have said..... buy a replacement bottle jack from J&S last time I looked they were around 40-50 or buy a bottle jack elsewhere and drills the two hole to mount it on the lift.

I have had my J&S 4 years purchased it from a guy that sold his bike and he had it two years. During the 4 years I have had it its been used weekly, never an issue and still on the original bottle jack

stixvrad 10-01-2019 07:38 AM

They sent me a new bottle jack to replace the original one that leaked after one week. That was a year ago. I've been using it at least once a week to spin my bike around in the garage as well as having used it many times to detail or do maintenance,.
No problems at all since having replaced that original bottle jack. Stick with the J&S.
As others have said, the frame is the nizzle.