General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Lifts or Jack as some call them

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:49 PM
Vipers Harley
Road Captain
Received 194 Likes on 129 Posts
Default J&S Lifts or Jack as some call them

I'm sure others have posted in regards to the J&S lift
Having leaking issues, I'm sorta at a undecided point of whether to keep it or sell it and stick with my 15 year old yellow cheap jack... it's never failed me in any way but just not as solid as the j&s.

I've contacted them and getting the check this check that and so on, I've checked all I can at this point.

I can't trust raising a bike with w leaking jack and just looking to see how many others have had issues and what you done to resolve them?
At over $600 shipped I feel the Jack's on them should never have a problem...

Just curious of other people's issues with them and the best options to resolve the junk Jack's used on a otherwise great lift.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

I keep my bike in a 10x20 storage unit with about a 7 foot gravel bank to get into it. I'm more nervous backing a 900 lb bike down that gravel, than I am riding up a ramp to get it into the unit. I was considering a J&S to spin the bike around inside the unit, and just head out rather than backing down that gravel bank. I'll be following this one.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:10 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Originally Posted by Vipers Harley
Having leaking issues, I'm sorta at a undecided point of whether to keep it or sell it and stick with my 15 year old yellow cheap jack... it's never failed me in any way but just not as solid as the j&s.

I've contacted them and getting the check this check that and so on, I've checked all I can at this point.

I can't trust raising a bike with w leaking jack and just looking to see how many others have had issues and what you done to resolve them?

Just curious of other people's issues with them and the best options to resolve the junk Jack's used on a otherwise great lift.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...k-failure.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...k-failure.html

Old 10-01-2019, 03:29 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

put the hydraulic 15 year old yellow cheap jack on the j&s..problem solved..the frame on the j&s is the main thing anyway..hell, you can put a harbor freight jack on it and be ok..

The following users liked this post:
fxdup (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 03:48 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Presumably the bottle jack is leaking? Just pull it off, get a $30 bottle jack from Walmart or Harbor Freight, drill 2 holes in the base, mount, and problem solved.

fullautomike (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 03:53 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

That is what the safety latches are for. Bike ain't going nowhere.

RedOregon (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 03:53 AM
assiniboine
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4,486 Likes on 2,789 Posts

Ur old jack has never failed u but just not as solid as a J&S?

U want a solid jack when ur lifting and working under 900 lbs.

I'd repair the J&S!

Old 10-01-2019, 06:38 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Replace the bottle. Done.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Thats really a simple fix as others have said..... buy a replacement bottle jack from J&S last time I looked they were around 40-50 or buy a bottle jack elsewhere and drills the two hole to mount it on the lift.

I have had my J&S 4 years purchased it from a guy that sold his bike and he had it two years. During the 4 years I have had it its been used weekly, never an issue and still on the original bottle jack

Old 10-01-2019, 07:38 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,100 Likes on 3,331 Posts

They sent me a new bottle jack to replace the original one that leaked after one week. That was a year ago. I've been using it at least once a week to spin my bike around in the garage as well as having used it many times to detail or do maintenance,.
No problems at all since having replaced that original bottle jack. Stick with the J&S.
As others have said, the frame is the nizzle.

Quick Reply: J&S Lifts or Jack as some call them