General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a WHEELDOCK Chock today

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts
Default Ordered a WHEELDOCK Chock today

I've got one of those teeter totter chocks in my trailer now. I don't remember the brand but it is a good one. I've hauled my 2002 RKC with it a number of times and the bike was a pain for me to get out of the chock. I figure that I'd need help to get my Ultra out of it if I decide to haul it somewhere.
So the Wheeldock looks like the ticket for easy in and easy out of the chock. Plus it would be a easy stand alone chock for the garage when not needed in the trailer, which will not be often as I try to ride my bike instead of hauling it.

I did a lot of research here and it looks like a number of our members like the Condor but it's another teeter totter chock. The Condor appears to be a great chock that will adapt to different bikes.

That's one problem that I will have to deal with the Wheeldock, different models fit specific bikes. For instance for my Ultra, I need a #4 chock. For my RKC, I'd need a #5 chock. But no problem. Whichever bike I decide to haul, I'll have a chock to fit it. I can get the RKC out of the teeter totter even though it is a PITA so I'll use it if I haul the RKC and I'll use the Wheeldock for the Ultra.

I don't particularly like the Wheeldock tie down instructions going across the seat with two straps and I'll stick to my method of tying down at the front forks where they bolt to the fender so there will be no pressure on the bike's suspension. Then a two straps at the rear to stabilize the rear tire.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:41 PM
SoCalDyna2015
Cruiser
Received 109 Likes on 46 Posts

I use a wheeldock chock daily in the garage. It’s an incredibly well built and thought out design. Just kick the lever and it pulls you right in. I do not have it secured into the concrete, I find the stability perfectly adequate as long as the bike is oriented straight. Very solid engagement with the tire which is why the sizing is bike-specific.

The following users liked this post:
Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,256 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Love my Wheeldock chock. Use it on my trailer in the Spring for a nearly 3000 mile trip (Banson, MO, Florida, return) and then another 100 miler to PA and back. Fantastic engineering and quality. Easy in and out, for sure.

Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 11:07 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,385 Posts

FWIW, the "teeter totter" in the Condor chock is adjustable for wheel diameter. You can set it back for large wheels and forward for smaller diameter wheels, like the 16" wheels on my RK.
If you set the teeter totter too far back, you'll have to lift the front wheel up and over the pivot point. When it's in the forward position, I pull my RK's front wheel right out of the chock with very little lifting..
YMMV

The following 2 users liked this post by RK4ME:
Cosmic Razorback (10-03-2019), Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 08:40 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I purchased new ones for my trailer and they are great. Very easy to pull in and out of. I would love to see some pic's of your favorite garage chock.

Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I can't hardly believe you posers are on a public forum talking about trailering your bikes!!!

I use the Bikers Bar....

Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,251 Likes on 6,010 Posts

I love my WheelDock. Had the HF teeter-totter chock, which worked ok for my Sportster. But the Street Glide had difficulties rolling in and out. The WheelDock is my daily choice for parking in the garage. Easy in, easy out. You will enjoy!!!

Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I can't hardly believe you posers are on a public forum talking about trailering your bikes!!!

I use the Bikers Bar....
Hey old buddy. LOL, I know you are throwing a bit of humor our/my way. I don't trailer unless I need to move the wife, dogs, all the stuff the wife thinks she will need for a week which will fill up the back of my truck. etc.
I considered the Bikers Bar. But, the WheelDock seemed to fit my needs better as a garage dock. As said, I don't trailer often.

I'm planning a trip for the Pigs Tail leaving early Monday and I won't be towing. I should be in Eureka Springs by Wednesday heading up the trail. I think we will spend a night in or around Hot Springs and spend the remainder of the day there. Then a day in Eureka Springs and a reverse trip back to the house. The trip should be about a week but I won't know until I get back home. We might decide to hook out into Missouri, IDK nor care. Which ever the wind blows, that might be the direction we head.

You have a great day NBKM.

Sam

nobodyknowsme (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 02:47 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
Hey old buddy. LOL, I know you are throwing a bit of humor our/my way. I don't trailer unless I need to move the wife, dogs, all the stuff the wife thinks she will need for a week which will fill up the back of my truck. etc.
I considered the Bikers Bar. But, the WheelDock seemed to fit my needs better as a garage dock. As said, I don't trailer often.

I'm planning a trip for the Pigs Tail leaving early Monday and I won't be towing. I should be in Eureka Springs by Wednesday heading up the trail. I think we will spend a night in or around Hot Springs and spend the remainder of the day there. Then a day in Eureka Springs and a reverse trip back to the house. The trip should be about a week but I won't know until I get back home. We might decide to hook out into Missouri, IDK nor care. Which ever the wind blows, that might be the direction we head.

You have a great day NBKM.

Sam
I would like the WheelDock for my garage so may one day. I have only had this trailer about 18 months or less. In that time I have used it about 8 times to get one of my bikes to my Indy or back home which is a 25 mile hike.

And yeah, I was just jaggin y'all..

Down South (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Stinger1
Road Master
Received 933 Likes on 429 Posts

Your gonna love it!

Mine sits on the garage floor so I just pull right into it. Keeps bike VERY sturdy.

Only complaint is that the low end of the gas strut will scrape the garage floor when engaging. You have to tilt the bike a little to the right to gain just a little bit of clearance. Best system out there!

Down South (10-02-2019)

Quick Reply: Ordered a WHEELDOCK Chock today