General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a tale of two local dealerships.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
cabbage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a tale of two local dealerships.....

Dealership #1...Capistrano Harley - Bought my RKC here....found me really good financing that was not thru HD finance.....introduced me to every key employee in the dealership, and had each key person sign off to such, called back to see if all was well after the purchase, even got a stained glass dealy with my RKC and build date and my name.....wasnt expecting that.....also explained all HOG stuff and extended warranty options, and were generally just great people to deal with.

Dealership #2 - Anaheim/Fullerton Harley - did absolutely nothing except take my money. lucky to have gotten the manual and spare set of keys. no explanation of the bike, no offer of gap insurance/HOG membership, no anything. just ok bye. used care salesmen type mentality...absolutely nothing to be impressed with. unfortunately they had the only blue cobalt 1200 in so cal, so had no choice.

damn...what a difference...one acted like a mercedes dealership, the other as if they were selling yugos!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Default RE: a tale of two local dealerships.....

Capistrano HD is a great little dealership. Been there many times, always friendly. I have found Anaheim-Fullerton a little condescending to their customers.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Capo HD and Orange County HD are owned by the same people, they did the exact same thing to me at OC, but IMHO Capo if by far superior in customer service. The people there seem to want to be helpful, where at OC it's more like a car dealer, hassle and runaround.

As for Anahein-Fullerton, you actually had someone there give you the time of day????

Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Anaheim-Fullerton is getting slammed! Too bad. That's also my home dealer. With the exception of just one person, I like everyonethere. They have been very good to me and taken care of me whenever my bikes needservice or I come in for parts. Wish there was something I could do for you, I really like my dealer, the employees and the owners. Hope you'll have a better experience next time you're in my neighborhood.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:03 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

I like A-F Harley's service. The one time I took my scoot their they were right nice. Never went back cause it is just too far from home. I have purchased accessories, but like I said a little condenscending - just my experience. OC Harley has been pretty good lately. Maybe they heard some critiques and made improvements. Can't really complain though they do fast service and getting an appointment has never been an issue since they went to 7 days a week.

I love Capo HD even if it is owned by OC HD. Friendly, down to earth, and cozy store. Unfortunately they are too far away.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Where is Capistrano HD anyway? Isn't it somewhere off the 5s? Visible from the freeway...close to a MBZ dealer if I am not mistaken?