General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike to bike comm. anyone try these

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM
brendajmull
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike to bike comm. anyone try these

http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-...helmet-kit.htm

they look like a great idea. They are small and not as abtrusive as the chatterboxes. After some long rides with my dh we really need these. In Gettysburg I would blow the horn like crazy to try to tell him pull over to check something out or to tell him I needed to find a rest room and he never heard me..I wanted to ride to a mountain and then he proceeded to drive up it,(I didnt want to ride up it as my butt was already reallysore and we had no idea where it was gonna take us) we we got almost to the top before he realized I was trying to get his attention.. So I would love some input on these if anyone has used them. I found a pair on ebay for 274 shipped.. good price. Buy my dh is not sure if they can be used in a 1/2 helmet and he wont use a full face or a 3/4..

Old 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike to bike comm. anyone try these

Not my cup of tea.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

Mrs Fester and I have been trying out using the Scala Teamset as a bike-to-bike comm. Not as long range as what blueant claims, but works very well within about 50 feet for around $200 for the set. Definitely makes riding a lot more enjoyable when you can chat as you ride - made a huge difference for us.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

If he really doesn't want to wear a 3/4 or full-face, his options are pretty much nonexistent. I thought about trying a regular wired earbud-and-mike cel system, with a piece of mic foam around the microphone, but I doubt it'd work very well.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 AM
jumpmasterjay
Tourer
Received 266 Likes on 40 Posts

If you have passing lights keep them on when riding. If you want to get his attention, turn them off (turn on your high beams). My wife does that for me so I know she needs something.

ORIGINAL: brendajmull

http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-...helmet-kit.htm

they look like a great idea. They are small and not as abtrusive as the chatterboxes. After some long rides with my dh we really need these. In Gettysburg I would blow the horn like crazy to try to tell him pull over to check something out or to tell him I needed to find a rest room and he never heard me..I wanted to ride to a mountain and then he proceeded to drive up it,(I didnt want to ride up it as my butt was already reallysore and we had no idea where it was gonna take us) we we got almost to the top before he realized I was trying to get his attention.. So I would love some input on these if anyone has used them. I found a pair on ebay for 274 shipped.. good price. Buy my dh is not sure if they can be used in a 1/2 helmet and he wont use a full face or a 3/4..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
brendajmull
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Uncle Fester

If he really doesn't want to wear a 3/4 or full-face, his options are pretty much nonexistent. I thought about trying a regular wired earbud-and-mike cel system, with a piece of mic foam around the microphone, but I doubt it'd work very well.
Well that is just great, I just ordered them,I am going to try to cancel the order, I didnt even check to see if they would work in a half helmet.. geez. (or maybe he will wear a 3/4 on longish trips.) I am glad that they work for you and mrs fester..

Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

looks nice I have the chatterbox. mostly so me and the wifecan chat with theintercom and use the mp3 player on road trips. I have to carry it in my pocket or my wife holds it. she will not allow me to mount it on a helmet she says it looks like i should a pocket protector to match it.