General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:24 PM
themechanic1776
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Seat modifications?

So I was able to get a Corbin seat awhile back for my 03 road king for practically free , problem is the seat to me is hideous ! I am not a fan of the passenger portion of the seat But it’s comfortable for long distance to a point . So I went and bought a predator 3 seat which visually is exactly what I wanted looks great and for about 30 min is ok but once my lady and myself have about an hour on it the soreness starts kicking . So I want to have my Corbin seat reshaped to look like th predator 3 seat in the passenger area and I’d like to have the sides of rider area narrowed a tad And of course I’d like to throw a new cover on it ! Does anyone know someone’s who’s good that does seat mods because everyone from BMC to random shops I’ve found keep turning me away or trying to sell me another seat . Now i can re-shape the seat myself and then I’m still stuck in need of a custom seat cover which is why I’d like to have someone do the whole things start to finish ! Hope some of you Guys can Reccomend a quality shop or 2 ! As always thanks in advance it’s always appreciated!​​​​​​​

Old 07-04-2020, 06:12 AM
big-C
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Have you tried to reach out to Corbin and see if they can redo the seat? That's where I would start since most of their seats are made to order. My guess is you will have a hard time getting the shape you want out of your current seat. Corbin uses their own custom made seat pan, depending of the seat you order. The other option is to try Mean City Cycles, but not sure if they work on Corbin seats. The seat pan could be the problem for them also. I just put a Corbin Dual Tour Saddle on my bike a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by big-C; 07-04-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:16 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

+1 on mean city cycles.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:15 AM
themechanic1776
Tourer

Originally Posted by big-C
Have you tried to reach out to Corbin and see if they can redo the seat? That's where I would start since most of their seats are made to order. My guess is you will have a hard time getting the shape you want out of your current seat. Corbin uses their own custom made seat pan, depending of the seat you order. The other option is to try Mean City Cycles, but not sure if they work on Corbin seats. The seat pan could be the problem for them also. I just put a Corbin Dual Tour Saddle on my bike a couple weeks ago.
No haven’t touched base with Corbin yet but I did account for the seat pan and I would be fine with the dimensions to stay in line with the pan just the shape I want to emulate the predator 3 seat

Old 07-04-2020, 08:16 AM
themechanic1776
Tourer

Originally Posted by cocky
+1 on mean city cycles.
I might have spoken with them already awhile back before buying the predator seat and they said no but I’ll try again thanks

Old 07-04-2020, 08:54 PM
TexasScooterTrash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,215 Likes on 748 Posts

It's like you are comparing apples to oranges. The pans might be the same, but the foam and cover is completely different. I got a Sundowner seat for my Dyna. My Wife loves it for the wider passenger seating area but I hated it because I kept sliding forward. I removed the front staples from the driver sections, cut and formed the foam and reinstalled the cover. Now I just keep it on instead of swapping solo (Mustang Regal Duke) to 2 up Sundowner seat.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:50 PM
themechanic1776
Tourer

Originally Posted by TexasScooterTrash
It's like you are comparing apples to oranges. The pans might be the same, but the foam and cover is completely different. I got a Sundowner seat for my Dyna. My Wife loves it for the wider passenger seating area but I hated it because I kept sliding forward. I removed the front staples from the driver sections, cut and formed the foam and reinstalled the cover. Now I just keep it on instead of swapping solo (Mustang Regal Duke) to 2 up Sundowner seat.
The

it’s not comparing apples and oranges I’m not comparing at all what I want is to reshape the passenger portion Of the seat I could easily handle that but I want to have a custom cover done and whom ever diss the cover to handle the reshaping of the seat so the cover fits flawless like a glove ! I’ve Modified many seats and always had an issue with the seat cover not having that perfect fit !

Old 07-05-2020, 07:07 AM
FUJILICIOUS
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 106 Posts

What about getting the Predator 3 modified or adjusted for ur comfort?

It might be less work and possibly cheaper, and u have the shape/cover on it already.

However, there is the possibility that the shape and comfort may be directly related and one may have to be sacrificed for the other. But hopefully you find that happy medium.

good luck and let us know if you find a solution.