General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any Harley salesmen in here ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Are there any Harley salesmen in here ?

Whatever you do in this world, make a difference for the better. Change someone for the good, before you let them change you for bad. And remember, not everyone that works at the Harley dealership is as happy to be there as you......well, me in this case. I love it, but it is not my sole source of income, however, honesty, integrity, and a desire to help people is contagious......spread it!

Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
06Heritage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

well if one is "between jobs" then the schedule might not matter so much.

to be blunt, if you are really out of work, why not? eff it, ya get to talk shop for a living. if it doesnt work out, youre back to being "between jobs".

sounds like something worth trying, unless you have better offers on the table.
Thats the way i'm looking at it... nothing ventured , nothing gained. and, i've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Anddddddd, i think i could make a difference.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
blaw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to admit, talking about motorcycles all day would be fun. Not to mention that you would regularly being hanging out with people on one of their best days--the day they pick up a brand-new bike.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been selling Harley's for over 20 yrs, in a busy shop you can make a half decent living (50 to 65 grand a year). In a small shop (average sales 150 to 200 bikes per year) you might hit $40,000. The disadvantages are what everyone else said, you have no life, if you don't work Saturdays, you will lose out on too many sales and when everyone is out riding, you are working. If you are smart you are at work by 9am and don't leave until closing (usually 6pm). I like the fact that I have been able to provide for my family..................I hate the fact thatI have missed a lot of soccer games. I have one daughter who is still young (12) andI have been thinking very seriously about leaving....even after all these years....whileI still have some time to watch this kid grow up