General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leesburg 21 spring cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:37 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,920 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Default Leesburg 21 spring cancelled

Thanks to Kawickrice in my bikes headed south post yesterday he alerted me of the April 21 canceling of the Leesburg Bikefest. It has been moved to November 12/14 date. Saved me some headache of room booking and cancellation. Gator HD is doing something on the original date but it will just be a dealer thing for the weekend. Looks like we’ll be making several 3 day weekend rides that my wive and myself had shelved in the last couple of years due to work commitments and family deaths.. Looking forward to getting back on the road and enjoying life again without work getting in the way. G.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:12 AM
blankline9
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

that's a real shame. i live about 15 mins from Gator Harley. I don't really understand the reasoning for cancelling. The Wuflu nonsense here in Florida is basically a non issue. The state has been wide open for months and especially here in Lake county, most people are just living their lives. I'm disappointed in the city of Leesburg for this decision. Unfortunately, yet again, all the small business owners suffer from this poor decision making. If they keep this **** up, there might not even be store fronts with viable businesses on main st. in Leesburg come November. Thanks for posting this OP. I haven't really been paying attention and just assumed we were about a month away from the rally based on everything I see going on around me here.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:48 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,494 Likes on 2,483 Posts

That is a dumb date to change Leesburg to. Most likely going to be too cold then and the women will be wearing too many clothes.
same with bike week I wish they made it a couple weeks later so we would be guaranteed nice weather. Who the hell dreams up these dates?
biketoberfest is the only one with a sensible date.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:10 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Im glad the OP did his research on the moved date(again).
Not sure why the move but the first thing i thought of was double dipping on the city of Leesburg. Gator Harley is said to be taking over main for a small rally. People will still come and spend money but on a smaller scale, vendors will pay for permits ect. So the fall date will be the second dipping from the city. Just my opinion of course. I will be there for both dates reguardless.