General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G card

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
moyboy1@gmail.com
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.O.G card

I live in Ct. I'm on vaction. I'm in LA. I figured, let's go check out the Harley stores. Went to purchase some t-shirts. Whipped out the HOG card. So Sorry...only give the discount to local chapter members. OK fine. Then I hop on a plane to AZ. Hey! Let's go check out the Harley store in Chandler. Found a jacket that I wanted. Went to pay... whipped out the HOG card....So Sorry! Only a discount to local chapter members. WHAT THE F ! WHAT DOES A BROTHER GOTTA DOTO GET A 10% BREAK? And another kick to the *****....once the sales people figure out you're from out of town...they don't want to know you. Maybe I should keep the HOG card next to my A&W card. Since they do so much for me!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: H.O.G card

Whoever lead you to believe that there was a nationwide discount policy for hog members was mistaken.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the norm from my experiences around the country. Discounts are mostly given to local HOG members, but not national ones. Some dealers give no discounts at all! Best advice to you is, don't go into the dealers expecting a discount because you will be surely disappointed.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:08 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior

Hell, I cant get a local discount in LA any more!

They have a frequent flier card now, You know, Buy 5000$ of accesorys and get a free oil filter........WTF!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Seems like a lot more of the dealers are removing that 10% discount even for local HOG chapter members too.....[:@]

Old 08-12-2007, 01:43 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: moyboy1@gmail.com

WHAT THE F ! WHAT DOES A BROTHER GOTTA DOTO GET A 10% BREAK?
Two things:

Join your local HOG chapter and shop locally if they subscribe to the 10% off deal.

or

Order online and save even more than 10%.

That aside, pulling out a HOG card as if it held any value and/or significance to anyoneis tantamount to one pulling out a Blockbuster card in hopes of gaining entry to the Academy Awards ceremonies.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

That aside, pulling out a HOG card as if it held any value and/or significance to anyoneis tantamount to one pulling out a Blockbuster card in hopes of gaining entry to the Academy Awards ceremonies.
LMAO...It can come in handy if you need to pop the latch on a cheap interior door lock...Other than that I can't think of how one might be useful.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior

Here's a pisser for ya, every dealer I've been in gives a 10% military discount..except Biloxi, MS. And they have an Air Force Base close by. I bought a few items there and the girl behind the counter says it's not the store policy but she would sneak the 10% to me anyway. Just goes to show that you can't keep a good American down.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:53 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Article: Discounts Are Discretionary[/b]

While membership in Harley Owners GroupĀ® provides numerous great benefits and services, a "H.O.G. discount" on products and services provided by the Motor Company's network of dealerships has never been one of the perks of membership.
Some dealers do offer a discount to H.O.G. members, while others only offer a discount to members of their local chapter. Other dealers choose not to offer discounts at all. Whether to offer a "H.O.G. discount" is a discretionary decision made by each dealer.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people go to the dealership to begin with.

Their are better parts out there and cheaper too!

Quick Reply: H.O.G card