General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 12:56 PM
gregintenn
Road Captain
Received 862 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I doubt that would work well because the diameter of clamps are generally 1.0 or 1.25
Works fine. I’ve done it. You’ll have a little gap between the top and bottom piece, but they’ll flex the tiny bit required to fit the bar.

Old 01-21-2024, 06:23 AM
Wagondog
Road Captain
Received 442 Likes on 211 Posts

If there was ever a product and company to support it would be Tackform mounts for me. Installed the mount 5 years ago and haven't touched it since, it just sits there and does the job. Phone case never moves in the mount, entire product is metal. When Tackform added chrome mounts to their black mounts I called to order the chrome. The owner answered my call telling me a chrome holder would be mailed to me that day at no cost.

The following 3 users liked this post by Wagondog:
CottonTopTJ (04-14-2024), lp (01-21-2024), Tjroadie (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:45 PM
Damnbiker
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagondog
If there was ever a product and company to support it would be Tackform mounts for me. Installed the mount 5 years ago and haven't touched it since, it just sits there and does the job. Phone case never moves in the mount, entire product is metal. When Tackform added chrome mounts to their black mounts I called to order the chrome. The owner answered my call telling me a chrome holder would be mailed to me that day at no cost.
just ordered one. Looking forward to giving it a try for my iPhone 15 pro max. Other mounts I have tried weren’t big enough to accommodate the phone with its rubber case in place. Hopefully this one will.

Old 01-22-2024, 01:35 AM
Wagondog
Road Captain
Received 442 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Damnbiker
just ordered one. Looking forward to giving it a try for my iPhone 15 pro max. Other mounts I have tried weren’t big enough to accommodate the phone with its rubber case in place. Hopefully this one will.
My phone is a 15 Pro Max with an Otterbox Defender rubber case which fits fine.
You wont be disappointed

Old 01-22-2024, 05:52 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,216 Likes on 7,030 Posts

Originally Posted by BTLorys
My problem is I'm only really interested in a bar mount, but the ones I like (Quadlock, Rokform) apparently only fit up to an 1.25" bars. Mine are 1.5" and I don't need a phone mount bad enough to swap my bars out.

Like I mentioned earlier I have 1.5 inch bars and I simply went with the Rokform perch mount. These mounts rotate for perfect position. I have ran one on my last three bikes and love the look, simplicity and security.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (01-24-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 05:13 PM
s-glide76
Road Master
Received 1,015 Likes on 414 Posts

I use the Ram Mount Quick Grip XL.
It uses spring tension to clamp it from top to bottom and to hold it from the side it uses adjustable pins.
There's nothing blocking or pushing against the phones side buttons.
Plus Ram Mount has a wide variety of ways to attach the ball mount to different vehicles.

Old 01-22-2024, 05:15 PM
Retmil
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JINKSTER
Open to suggestions...cost is not an issue just want the bestest/easiest/slickest one...ready...GO!
Jinkster, This is what I'm using. Very impressed with it.BRCOVAN Aluminum Alloy Motorcycle Phone Mount with Vibration Dampener

All 6061-T6 aluminum. Multiple adjustments and mount options. Comes with an option for mirror base mounting also.

They run about $60 on Amazon.
BTW... Semper Fi

BRCOVAN Aluminum Alloy Motorcycle Phone Mount with Vibration Dampener

Old 01-24-2024, 12:27 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 986 Likes on 471 Posts

I have to chime in for the Rokform also (I have the V2 dampener). This thing has been working beautifully for the past year. Plus, I've used it a few times to get vbideo of the friggin' neighbor's dogs that chase cars and especially *ME*, in case one day one or more of them brings the bike down (all three of them are no less than 75 pound dogs). He refuses to train them to not chase vehicles, even when I stopped in the road and got off to kick one of the dogs he came walking through his yard telling me I'd better not and I told him to come out in the road and I'd kick *HIM*. Then I proceeded to let him know what an idiot he is that he's too stupid to train a dog to not chase vehicles and that if he had a pair of cods he'd come out in the road and take on this old gimp. He stood there and didn't continue walking to the road, like the *** he is. If the dogs make the bike go down, I'll own his house, as here in TN if an animal you own has caused a wreck or damage to your vehicle, the owner of the animal is resposible.

Anyway, the mount can go damn near anywhere your imagination can figure to mount it and it *stays* mounted. You can't beat the nice stout magnet built into the case *and* mount either. The case is nice and stout too, but with the one caveat that the upper right corner of it is slightly loose on S22+ phones, but the phone doesn't come out of the case very easily and can be a PITA sometimes to get it out...I see that as a good thing when I have it in the mount!

I used to be of the old school kind who also pulled over to look at a paper map, but now that I have a harder and harder time remembering things, turns and turn-offs and such (especially in big cities like Memphis, Nashville, etc) get me way too confused too easily and I get lost in two turns, heh, so, I do like the map thing on the phone.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (01-25-2024)