General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad Max Motorcycles in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 06:58 PM
Harley_ish
Road Master
Received 483 Likes on 317 Posts

Yeah, OK thanks ... different parts of country can use different phrases for the same thing.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:12 PM
ReaperCycles
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bunch of Experts

Seriously….

Do you not give a drivers license to your local HD dealer when you get screwed there? I mean you are literally handing it to some 23 year old pimple faced kid who will run your credit even if you are paying cash.
as dealers we have to have a copy of your license in our files. If that does not work for you then stop shopping for bikes online.

And no, YOU cannot send a bike from South Florida to Seattle but as a dealer we can! And the reason your dealer charges you more means they are sewing you over.!

So let’s be clear all the things you listed do not show that Mad Max is screwing you but that the dealer you are used to work with is in fact screwing your.

So go pay the dealer fee, the setup fee and the battery polishing fee at your local HD dealer!

if you want to stop getting screwed by your dealer call Mad Max

he sells 300+ bikes a year just like us without screwing your over but by all means…. Google earth will give you the answer!

Old 03-30-2024, 08:17 PM
ReaperCycles
Stage II

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
I actually contacted them with caution of course. I too am leary when it seems too good to be true, but I was curious. Funny thing is they kept trying to get my driver's license. I was just asking about the bike, shipping etc., but they wanted my driver's license. Yeah right!

Hopefully nobody gets scammed. Unbelievable the lengths people go to screw others.
go to your local HD dealer…. We all know they will never screw your…..ever.
$799 dealer fee or $899?

Old 03-31-2024, 05:20 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,504 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Good for you to set the record straight.
Originally Posted by madmaxmotorcycles
Guys, this is the owner. This thread was brought to my attention by a customer who actually bought a bike. It's amazing how ahead of their skis everyone can get without proper info. Just call and ask a question if you're actually interested in buying a bike and you'll always get an answer or a call back. In regards to the shipping, Haul Bikes/Daily Direct will ship nationwide flat rate for 600 bucks through our dealer account. It may be a little more if you contact them privately. Doesn't matter if it's 100 miles or 3000 miles. Obviously not worth it if your shipping within your state but for long distances they are great. They are slow but hands down the most inexpensive option. As for the fellow who mentioned being pressured for his license...you asked for a buyers order on a bike. You asked the out the door price and we gave it to you. We don't need to take the time to fill out a buyers order without your info just to give you the price. You had the price. That makes no sense. If you want a legitimate buyers order then yes, we do need your info to fill it out. As for the location, we are in downtown and open by appointment only as it says online and in all of our listings. We basically wholesale to the public and by not spending on superficial things such as outdoor facade and high pressure sales guys, we keep the cost down and pass the savings on to our customers. We don't sell parts, we don't do apparel, it's just domestic cruisers (Harley/Indian) with a very thin markup from what we acquire then for. Feel free to send any other reasonable questions my way and I will be happy to answer as best I can.

The following 3 users liked this post by kojak:
flhchaz (04-01-2024), Loumojay (04-02-2024), madmaxmotorcycles (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

And there ya go. Post #18, Mad Max Motorcycles put my personal email address out there without my permission. Irresponsible. And they want my ID?!? You're not doing yourself any favors by coming on the forum trying to defend yourself and you shady business.

Old 04-02-2024, 03:32 AM
nanerpeel
Stage III
Default 🤡

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
And there ya go. Post #18, Mad Max Motorcycles put my personal email address out there without my permission. Irresponsible. And they want my ID?!? You're not doing yourself any favors by coming on the forum trying to defend yourself and you shady business.
I have not used them personally but i dont see anything tangible to support you calling them a “shady business”. You kind of asked to be called out starting the thread on the offensive. I respect them setting the record straight. They probably should have blocked your email, but it looks like they blocked your phone number which is all i would really care about. All someone can do is send you an electronic message with your email which is exactly what I am doing here lol i bought my sporty sight unseen and shipped it from the dealer in tx to nj for i believe around $850 and the process went smoothly. I was a little but hesitant buying long distance but with a little common sense, 5 minutes on google and a phone call you can usually put these worries to bed. I did have to send then my license. No sure what the big deal is.

Old 04-02-2024, 05:45 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 313 Posts

I shipped my Heritage from Colorado to Florida for $400.00 on ship bikes. They said if you’re not in a hurry that’s the reason. Took one month to arrive. And in exact condition as shipped.

As for the dealer, can someone just go there and verify it’s a legit business? Or has someone been there?

Old 04-02-2024, 06:00 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,139 Posts

I had a bike shipped from Boston to Florida for $600 several years back. I dickered with the guy to get the bike's price down though. As for showing the man's email address, no excuse for that. Reaper Cycles is a very legit outfit, I know that much. Don't know anything about Mad Max though.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:29 AM
madmaxmotorcycles
1st Gear
Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac00333
I had a bike shipped from Boston to Florida for $600 several years back. I dickered with the guy to get the bike's price down though. As for showing the man's email address, no excuse for that. Reaper Cycles is a very legit outfit, I know that much. Don't know anything about Mad Max though.
Oversight on the email, can't go back and edit it out or I would. Honest mistake there. Blocked the phone number intentionally but missed the email address. If you read Martin's (the owner of Reaper) response it clearly shows we know each other and work closely together and run similar outfits. There are many people down here in the industry that would vouch for us and we would be happy to provide references for serious buyers. This whole thread has basically been a joke though, we are coming up on our 5th year in business and have had nothing but happy customers and through hundreds of bikes sent all around the country and the world, have never had anybody question whether or not we exist. There is too much evidence online these days to even ask the question. For one, you can always call the Florida DHSMV. We are licensed, bonded and insured. The surety bond is your protection as a buyer. If we don't deliver, there is $ sitting in a pot with the state that you would be entitled to. Someone can also check sunbiz, google, instagram, CycleTrader, etc etc I'm basically done responding in this thread and think I have responded appropriately. I felt the need to at first because it is important for accurate information to be available, especially for long distance buyers which makes up a considerable percentage of our business. If the fellow didn't feel comfortable buying or wanted referrals that's one thing but he came on here with a very accusatory tone and made a concerted effort to besmirch our reputation when we were nothing but respectful to him throughout the entire process.

The following 7 users liked this post by madmaxmotorcycles:
702 (04-02-2024), DaveyFB (04-02-2024), elPrez (04-02-2024), Goose_NC (04-02-2024), Spook13 (04-02-2024), Tommy C (04-02-2024), WP50 (04-04-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-02-2024, 06:38 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,283 Likes on 2,004 Posts

Originally Posted by madmaxmotorcycles
Oversight on the email, can't go back and edit it out or I would. Honest mistake there. Blocked the phone number intentionally but missed the email address. If you read Martin's (the owner of Reaper) response it clearly shows we know each other and work closely together and run similar outfits. There are many people down here in the industry that would vouch for us and we would be happy to provide references for serious buyers. This whole thread has basically been a joke though, we are coming up on our 5th year in business and have had nothing but happy customers and through hundreds of bikes sent all around the country and the world, have never had anybody question whether or not we exist. There is too much evidence online these days to even ask the question. For one, you can always call the Florida DHSMV. We are licensed, bonded and insured. The surety bond is your protection as a buyer. If we don't deliver, there is $ sitting in a pot with the state that you would be entitled to. Someone can also check sunbiz, google, instagram, CycleTrader, etc etc I'm basically done responding in this thread and think I have responded appropriately. I felt the need to at first because it is important for accurate information to be available, especially for long distance buyers which makes up a considerable percentage of our business. If the fellow didn't feel comfortable buying or wanted referrals that's one thing but he came on here with a very accusatory tone and made a concerted effort to besmirch our reputation when we were nothing but respectful to him throughout the entire process.

The internet is a treacherous place. Folks can post something that they are questioning, and then others pile on. Too many folks expect all businesses to act as if they are companies with large staff. Too many folks do not understand how small businesses work.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

The following users liked this post:
madmaxmotorcycles (04-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Mad Max Motorcycles in Florida