General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you bought a bike can you take it back!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: If you bought a bike can you take it back!!

Glad to hear that the bike is alright.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man sporsters are pretty bad machines. You got to beat them pretty hard to hurt them. Give that bike a little time to break in they are nice. Glad to hear everything was o.k.

My wife wants a Nightster.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: grumpy irish again

you didn't say if the bike was used or a left over or demo .
most states have a 3 day return law ca. just got one recently you also don't say where you are so most of us are no help.
You sure about that? California is one of the few states to have that law from what I understand.....

Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florida has the same 3 day money back return law.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:53 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

most states have a 3 day return law ca. just got one recently.
When?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didn't say if the bike was used or a left over or demo .
most states have a 3 day return law ca. just got one recently you also don't say where you are so most of us are no help.
This is incorrect: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr35.htmin California you can purchase a provision to return for a fee, it's not the law it's an insurance policy,however you can not get it on motorcycles.

MOST states in-fact none that I know of include any type of motorcycle in the lemon law. For those of you that say you know for a fact your state does...have a 3 day right to return or that they are covered under the lemon law, go to your own Attorney Generals website.

The 72 hour right to cancel is for in-homes sales, like a vacum cleaner or air conditioner.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I have never heard of any type of "3 day return law". If this were true, every ignorant stupid unsatisfied customer would be bringing back their bikes for a "unusuall" ? noise.

New Hampshire dealershas to give a 30 day warranty on anything soldused by law, and the customer has to allow said dealer fair opportunities to correct any issues. You cant just yell at your dealer "my engine has a ticking sound, I want my money back"

I never knew how "knocky" sounding my Fatboy's Twin Cam enginewas until the first time I rode it with a windshield on! Prior to that all the loud wind noise made my Twin Cam sound like a Honda......

Old 09-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work for a truck dealer.........thats the law in Florida.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:44 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

some states you got 2 hours to back out of a deal

Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

201 KAR 21:080. Seventy-two (72) hour right of rescission.

RELATES TO: KRS 312.019(9)(g)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS Chapter 13A, 312.019(9)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 312.019 empowers the Board of Examiners to adopt administrative regulations concerning forms of advertising or solicitation that may be false, misleading or deceptive and to require a seventy-two (72) hour rescission period for consumers responding to certain forms of solicitation or advertising. This administrative regulation defines the forms of solicitation or advertising wherein the responding consumer is granted a seventy-two (72) hour rescission period.

Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Advertisement of free or discounted services" means any advertisement or solicitation, whether by television, radio or print medium, offering free or discounted examinations, treatment or other services.
(2) "Seventy-two (72) hour right of rescission" means the right of a consumer to rescind within seventy-two (72) hours any agreement to pay for services that are performed the same day in addition to the advertised free or discounted service at an additional unadvertised cost, or any agreement entered into on such same date to submit to a series or course of treatments at an additional unadvertised cost.
(3) "Notice of right of rescission" means a conspicuous statement in any advertisement of free or discounted services substantially as follows: "You have the right to rescind within seventy-two (72) hours any obligation to pay for services performed in addition to this free or discounted service."
(4) "Notice of rescission" means notice by the consumer rescinding any agreement to pay for unadvertised additional services performed or to be performed in addition to the free or discounted service. To be effective, the notice of rescission shall be given within seventy-two (72) hours of the completion of the advertised free or discounted service, or agreement to submit to a series or course of treatments. The notice need not take any particular form so long as it is in writing and expresses the intention of the consumer to rescind his obligation. Notice of rescission given by mail is effective when it is deposited in a mailbox properly addressed and postage prepaid.

Section 2. Consumer Rights, Notice. (1) Any chiropractor advertising free or discounted services shall in any advertisement or solicitation provide the consumer with notice of the seventy-two (72) hour right of rescission.
(2) Within ten (10) days of any notice of rescission, the chiropractor shall tender to the consumer any payment made by the consumer prior to the rescission for any unadvertised service performed. If no payment had yet been made by the consumer for unadvertised services, the consumer's account shall not be billed for such services. (16 Ky.R. 95; eff. 9-2-89.)

Quick Reply: If you bought a bike can you take it back!!