General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you bought a bike can you take it back!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you bought a bike can you take it back!!

ORIGINAL: whaap

Yep, you might find that the sounds you're hearing are the normal sounds of aSportster. They are not as quiet as big twin Harleys.
True. I noticed that when I rode my mom's Sporty one weekend. I heard a couple of noises at first that concerned me, but turned out they were normal for the bike. I also noticed that I had to upshift at higher speeds than I was used to on mine. The sporty likes to be going faster before shifting into second and third than my bike does.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

In Illinois you can back out of any automotive deal at a licensed dealer within 3 business days. No reason necessary.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's what I understood too - at least here in NC and I can't believe all these other states are different with motorcycles?

ORIGINAL: Newhog

ORIGINAL: grumpy irish again

you didn't say if the bike was used or a left over or demo .
most states have a 3 day return law ca. just got one recently you also don't say where you are so most of us are no help.
This is incorrect: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr35.htmin California you can purchase a provision to return for a fee, it's not the law it's an insurance policy,however you can not get it on motorcycles.

MOST states in-fact none that I know of include any type of motorcycle in the lemon law. For those of you that say you know for a fact your state does...have a 3 day right to return or that they are covered under the lemon law, go to your own Attorney Generals website.

The 72 hour right to cancel is for in-homes sales, like a vacum cleaner or air conditioner.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 PM
pastaman
Banned

Ohio - 3 days

Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
pastaman
Banned

Ohio 3 days

Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Newhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: pastaman

Ohio - 3 days
You guys are splitting hairs here and not doing your research complete. You have three days to rescend a contract signed in your home.

In some states (most) if you sign on adeal and not leave with a product (automobile) even if you leave a deposit which binds a deal,you can change your mind within 3 daysand not be sued for breach. If you buya vehicle anddrive it off the lot with or without a deposit, you simply own it.

Again this is offyour State Attorney Generals Office:
http://www.ag.state.oh.us/citizen/pu...isely_quiz.pdf

Think about it for a bit, you buy a vehicle put a bunch (ANY) miles on it, eat in it, leave odors in it, remove the window stickers, scratch it inside or out...then change your mind and return it...the dealer has sent paperwork into the state for title...they now have a used vehicle on thier hands that they would have to give a several thousand dollar discount on it to the next person and they would have to sell it as used. The law protects them from this.

I'm notan automobile/motorcycledealer in any way, shape or form. I don't like them and I don't trust them. But I have seenfriends burned on this after they gothome and realized there was no way on earth they could affordtheir purchaseand tried toreturn the product, only to see thier feelings hurt.

When you folks are doing your research and pasting and quoting your state law, make sure you are researching automobiles specifically.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
fxrsjohn
Cruiser

Some states have a law that allows you to cancel the deal within the first 72hrs under certain circumstances. If you think there is something wrong with the bike don't waste any time, go right back to the dealer asap.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
ruellesmith
6th Gear

In order to get a good item you should do a test before you will buy the said item. Now, in your case since the warranty still covered you can call them and said the deficiency so that they will give actions to it.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 658 Posts

[quote=ruellesmith;10451038]In order to get a good item you should do a test before you will buy the said item. Now, in your case since the warranty still covered you can call them and said the deficiency so that they will give actions to it.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You guys know this is a five year old thread, right??

Quick Reply: If you bought a bike can you take it back!!