General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluerose's Pacific Rally Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Bluerose
Default Bluerose's Pacific Rally Pics

I know there have been a few threads but I just got back andI have quite a few pics to share so I'm starting a new one here in the General HD chat since it has been at the top of this forum for so long. Give me a bit to get all the pics up (about 30).

The weekend couldn't have turned out better. The rides were great and the company was the best I had, had in a very long time. (HeckI spend enough time here with you all)

We ended up with 10 bikes -- 92classic/yvonnaride, airborne, billk, Bluerose (Road Captian), Gamma742, Gamma742's Brother Dave, Hubby (Tailgunner), marcss, Rhubarb, and wldbill.

The first to join Hubby an I was BillK...

Then Marcss...

We had a bit of breakfest and we were ready to roll...

The ride across the desert is a long one...I played tailgunner to start with so I could talk this pic
Hubby is leading,BillK to the right, then Marcss to the left)

The desert can be a long boring ride but beautiful too....

Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bluerose's Pacific Rally Pics

Keep those pics coming. I love riding through the desert, it is like riding in the old west.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Bluerose

The So. Cal folks met up in Lone Pine, CA for some lunch then the leg up to Mammoth Lakes (about another 100 miles). Gamma742 and his brothr were waiting for us and having some pizza

We stopped at an overlook for a quick peak at the view...
(Hubby, Bluerose, Billk, Gamma742, Marcss)

When we arrived at Mammoth Hotel the Manager had made special arrangements for us in a side garage for parking. Wldbill was already there waiting for us.

We met at 6PM to discuss the Yosemite ride and sign the mascot....I was getting worried cause the No. Cal folks hadn't arrived. (They would show up around 8 pm cold and hungry [8D])

Old 09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Bluerose

The next morning we got an 8 AM start for the Yosemite ride.....riding the Mammoth Scenic Loop.

We made a little stop on the June Lake Loop (just past June Lake) for folks to "adjust"

Just a short walk down a path from our stop was Silver Lake....

After the June Lake Loop we stopped on Tioga Pass( Hwy 120) for the view and to let a very slow camper get a bit ahead of us.

At 9945 ft. we entered Yosemite National Park...

We stopped for gas in Tuoleme Meadows were I showed the guys how to properly lay your bike down on its side at the gas pump Then 5 chivelrous guys run to my rescue and by the time Hubby the Tailgunner showed up he was none the wiser ...heheheh...and no one managed a picture!

After a ride through Tuoleme Meadows we stopped for a quick look at Lake Tenya...

Old 09-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Bluerose

Wldbill at the Lake Tenya overlook...

92Classic and yvonnaride at the Lake Tenya overlook.

Not long after this picture was taken I had a Momma and 2 baby deer cross my path. One more deer and I might have had some Venison!....Had my heart thumping a bit!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Bluerose

When we got to Yosemite Valley the goal was to get the mascot picture at the best overlook in the place. When we parked the bikes though we were mobbed by the tourists that wanted to see thebig Harley cruiser riders and thier bikes! They were taking picures and videos of us like we were the best thing on thier tour.....(BTW, Even hubby had folks wanting pictures)

The No. Cal folks had to sign the mascot!
(92Classicsigning, yvonnaride sporting her Pacific Rally Shirt, and BillK)

The Mascot picture finally taken!
(From left to right back row) Rhubarb, BillK ,WldBill, Gamma742, 92Classic, Gamma742's Bro Dave, yvonnaride
(From left to right front) airborne, bluerose, marcss
**Hubby was taking the pic**

Old 09-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Bluerose

We had lunch under Yosemite's most famous landmark "Half Dome"

Then we road back to the hotel the way we came.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Bluerose

I couldn't resist taking a picture of the triplet Deluxes....
(left to right) Bluerose's bike, Airborne's bike, and Rhubarb's bike.

A final dinner for those that could only stay though the Yosemite ride..

Most of usalso had breakfest the next morning before spliting up....we really missed those that could not make it.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Bluerose

Onlya few of us managed to get the whole weekend off....the remainder of us -- Bluerose, Hubby, BillK, 92Classic, and Yvonnaride set off for a leisurely ride around the area...

First we wanted to know why the place is called Mammoth lakes? We hadn't seen a lake by the hotel. So into the back country we went for a ride around the lakes. They were working on the road so there was a lot of light gravel and dirt but we found a nice view of the Twin Lakes...so we took a couple of pics.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Bluerose

Then we were off to see if we could get our bikes even dirtier with a trip to a bonified California Ghost town. The road was 3 miles (each direction) of rough wash board dirt road....guess who got to lead[&:]

Yes I was stupid enough to take this while riding in the dirt

We made it!

While perusing the town we saw this really cool dust devil ( a dirt tornado of sorts) turned out it had hit the bikes and they were filthy!!! Below is some of the dirt in my engine when I came back.

Quick Reply: Bluerose's Pacific Rally Pics