General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:03 AM
xlr8rtwisted
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

It happened to be a perfect day for fists in the wind. The OL and I head out to our favorite scenic place 120 miles away. I get behind this cager with out of state plates doing 5 under the post. I hang back and wait till I know there will be a spot to pass. I pass him going uphill which tends to make my SE slip ons a little louder. He then speeds up trying to catch up to me. I lose him with a WOT Twist as my SE comes alive. About 10 miles down the road I catch a line of cagers with a Motorhome leading the way. No way I'm going to get around with the cagers packed that tight. By this time I've forgotten about the cager behind me. I'm so focused on trying to find a way around. Well we finally hit the end of the road where there is a stop sign. This a$$ho cager gets right up on my rear fender as I'm waiting, I'm talking 2 inchesat most.Two things going through my head at this time. 1). Set the jiffy, get off and show him who he's fckin with and ruin a perfect day. 2). Let it go and forget it ever happened.

I'll post later with what I did.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 AM
xlr8rtwisted
Cruiser
Default RE: What would you do?

Better yet I'll tell you first. I let it go and I'm glad in a way I did cause we clocked 350 miles without any other problems. But I still can't get it out of my head after 1 week. I really need to vent this cause this was pure antagonizing. I was being provoked but wasn;t a taker.

What would you have done?

Old 09-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have left the OL at home so she would have time to make me sammichs for when I got back from kicking his ***.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:26 AM
NiteRider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear this happening all the time and I gotta say, I wonder wtf is up with that bcuz I've been riding for over 25 yrs or more and each & everytime one gets too close for my comfort, I give the back off sign and I've never had a situation where they didn't. So where do you gusy find these j-offs

Old 09-29-2007, 02:38 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have dropped the stand,walked back to his door,got my head blown offby a 44 magand then he would run over my OL and bike,,,but,I didnt take no ****!!!....:&gt
(actually you did the right thing,IMPO)

Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 AM
darkside
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I would have left the OL at home so she would have time to make me sammichs for when I got back from kicking his ***.
You know for some strange reason I think you would! For the record I would have been hard pressed to not at least say something and take it from there.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds fairly simple to me. You pissed him off withyour pipes and he let you know it. You probably did the right thing.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let it go, life's too short to let some jackazz get under your skin.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Iron Maiden
Advanced

You did the some thing I've done before ... and my rush pipes aren't that loud. I think some people just hate bikers that much ... I had two clowns in a pickup that rode just feet behind going 45 mph down the road with my wife on the bike. I was pissed and wanted to blow them away, but I knew better than to cause problems. I pulled over as quickly as a could in a public parking alot until I cooled off. I didn't do anything to provoke it either. Some people are just a$$ holes.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:25 PM
xlr8rtwisted
Cruiser

Thanks for all the replys. My OL told me she gave him the #1 sign after he did that so that makes me feel a little better. I probably would have been no match for a 44 now that I think about it.

Quick Reply: What would you do?