General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edlebrock heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
tinman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edlebrock heads

I was wondering if any of you have ever seen edlebrock heads on a Vtwin . My friend came across a bike with them , I thought they were pretty cool, Just wondering if they stand up to the name? We went to a dealer this weekend the guy there told him that was only the second time he'd ever seen them.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor
Default RE: Edlebrock heads

no they dont........lot's better choices out there....they make some good car stuff, but they have let to figure out the bike side IMHO

Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work for the Edelbrock motorcycle division. Believe me, we have figured out the motorcycle stuff.. It's absolutley the best stuff you can buy. The engineering and the care that goes into our products is second to none. I know because I program and machine them.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kingk9

I work for the Edelbrock motorcycle division. Believe me, we have figured out the motorcycle stuff.. It's absolutley the best stuff you can buy. The engineering and the care that goes into our products is second to none. I know because I program and machine them.
Which also makes you completely biased. However, to say they don't hold up to the competition should warrant some reasoning. Care to elaborate?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 PM
kingk9
Banned

Which also makes you completely biased. However, to say they don't hold up to the competition should warrant some reasoning. Care to elaborat
e

I am as biased as being on the inside and that the facts make me. I do know some things that you don't about this particular subject. May not know much else, but do know something about this. We sure sell lots of these items without much high pressure sales pitch. That is one hell of a statement to make without even knowing me. But, thanks for your input, and I'll try to better in the future.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 AM
hondo96inch
Cruiser

I would like to have em on my bike.

If I remember right, the fat guy machinist[Wink Eller] from early Jesse James shows set some records at bonneville with edelbrock heads on his evo.

I've seen one set and it was two months ago at my local hangout.

Check around and see what knowledgable porters say about hd se etc heads.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:21 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Which also makes you completely biased. However, to say they don't hold up to the competition should warrant some reasoning. Care to elaborat
e

I am as biased as being on the inside and that the facts make me. I do know some things that you don't about this particular subject. May not know much else, but do know something about this. We sure sell lots of these items without much high pressure sales pitch. That is one hell of a statement to make without even knowing me. But, thanks for your input, and I'll try to better in the future.
Okay, my bad. "completely" was probably the wrong choice of words. It was NOT an insult, though.Anyone that enjoys their work will be biased about the competition. It's not a bad thing. That's also why I asked for support when someone said your products don't hold up. I'm biased about fatboys.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:45 AM
kingk9
Banned

Okay, my bad. "completely" was probably the wrong choice of words. It was NOT an insult, though.Anyone that enjoys their work will be biased about the competition. It's not a bad thing. That's also why I asked for support when someone said your products don't hold up. I'm biased about fatboys.
No problem.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
notorious
Road Captain

I thought with almost certianty Edlebrock built the Screaming Eagle products. Fact, they buildsome of the Chevy Hi-Po items.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:56 AM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

I had Edelbrock heads on a 1992 FXDL some years ago. They were of a good build and with excellent quality. They worked pretty well on the EVO.....don't know about the Twin Cam though.

My only complaint though.....the black paint began to flake off in about a years time. The heads were awesome and were just as good as S&S.....except the black paint. They looked alot like the Screaming Eagle heads.

Don't know about the current ones though......

Quick Reply: Edlebrock heads