General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC Helmet arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
katiedog
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the natural color DOT helmet, didn't like the D-rings .They said send it back changed them at no charge. good fit and service.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have had mine for two years and it is the only helmey I wear. I find myself reaching up sometimes to make sure I have it on when first leaving. I have never worn a better helmet.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonidas
I bought a medium from them a few weeks ago (my head is 22 1/2" and wear med in other helmets) and when it arrived I could barely get it on my head, feels like a much smaller fit, even with the thinnest foam liner that came with it. Anyone have a similar experience on fit?

I"m sending mine back today for a larger size, can't wait to get the right one, just can't stand paying shipping twice
I found the same thing. Fortunately, I went to ACC to buy the helmet and was able to try on different sizes. It turns out that they also have elongated size versions of the helmets, narrower side to side and longer front to back. Got a perfect fit with an elongated and I couldn't be happier. I guess that's the downside of having to order any helmet online without trying it on.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Uncle Ernie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonidas
I bought a medium from them a few weeks ago (my head is 22 1/2" and wear med in other helmets) and when it arrived I could barely get it on my head, feels like a much smaller fit, even with the thinnest foam liner that came with it. Anyone have a similar experience on fit?

I"m sending mine back today for a larger size, can't wait to get the right one, just can't stand paying shipping twice
Same here, my head is 22 1/2 also and the medium really squeezed the noggin. I sent it back, got the large and it fits a lot better, though I may have to adjust the inner padding.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:13 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by frankiefire702
I originally ordered a medium and it was way too small. Returned for a large and still doesn't fit quite right. Sending this one back too. I think I'm just gonna stick with my novelty for now.
They are sized small. I bought a large at an indy near me, so I got to try them on. I usually wear a small or medium, depending on who makes it, so I was surprised I needed a large. Glad I didn't order over the phone. Great helmet, though.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have posted this here before so I'll make it short. April 2007 T-boned a drunk at 50 mph. Flew ??? feet. Landed on "bill" of ACC non-DOT Polo helmet. Tore off the trim and scraped the bill down a bit. Sent it in for them to inspect and replace if needed. They refurbished the helmet with new liner, new trim, new straps, new buckle & shipped it back, no charge. Only thing I got from them was a smile and a "Glad you're ok" from Erin. Great company!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
SoftTailTim71
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really wanting to try my buddies ACC DOT helmet this weekend. I've tried on many helmets, and I always fit well into size "L".

The ACC "L" doesn't even come close to fitting my head, way too tight. Looks like I'll have to drive an hour to try some ACC XL's to see if I like 'em.

Here's my bud's ACC helmet..., looks like it's "lifting" here at 80MPH.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 PM
2003Sport
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about ordering a novelty helmet from them also. If you don't mind me asking, how much do they run?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an ACC DOT half helmet and have worn it more than a year. Great helmet.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:44 PM
dieter621
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by spike95
Once again, I say we all harass them until they do it.
Nice paint on that tank.

Quick Reply: ACC Helmet arrived today