General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian Larry bike shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 AM
62trvler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indian Larry bike shop

Does anyone live near or go to Indian larry's bike shop? I am interested in some info on one of his bikes. I tried the shop and not very helpful.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior
Default RE: Indian Larry bike shop

try www.indianlarry.com I think you can still reach his wife and employees through the website

last I heard Gasoline ally was still up and running

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 78 Posts

I live within an hours ride and have been there a bunch of times over the past 2 years. It is still up and running.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I work about 15 minutes from Brooklyn,,,,,,& yes it is still running,,,,,,,,strong!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 156 Posts

Just curious... Does the shop still go by Gasoline Alley, or is it called Indian Larry Legacy?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
mrbadlands
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Just curious... Does the shop still go by Gasoline Alley, or is it called Indian Larry Legacy?
The website is still http://www.indianlarry.com but the website says that Gasoline Alley is now called Indian Larry Legacy.

I guess that means it changed it's name to Indian Larry Legacy, but I didn't contact them to ask, so I may be wrong.

Royce

Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 AM
62trvler
Tourer

I have tried to speak to them on the phone but they won't give out any information. They also will not sell the parts I want so I am going to build the bike myself. I want to know what size rear tire is on the Grease Monkey Bike and what pulley size it has. I know the rim is 18" but that's all I can find.I wanted to meet Larry in person as I have admired his work for years but he passed away just afterI left for Iraq and now I won't have the chance to talk bikes with him. Part of the reason I came was to have him do some work for me when I got back but not now....................I hope there is an open highway in the skyLarry, ride on!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The man is amazing. And, I say 'is' because to me, he still lives on. Looking at any of his bike, and I still get chills. Now, that is special... to me anyways.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 AM
62trvler
Tourer

I agree. I have saved every article and purchased every magazine and DVD thatI have come across and from what I have read he was one of the most aproachable people around and would talk to anyone. I was really looking foreword to a conversation but I will have to know him by what I read. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some groupie trying to live through someone else as I have never asked anyone in my life for an autograph or went out of my way meet anyone famous. I just saw Larry as a real down to earth kind of guy that really lived life to it's fullest and represented what loving to ride was all about. Not to mention a gifted builder that wasn't afraid to follow his dreams. Yep, there goes the chills............................................ ..

Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM
62trvler
Tourer

Maybe if someone was going by the shop or happened to be there they could take a look at the bike as I was told it was on display and take a few notes...............it would be greatly appreciated. I hail from MI and wouldn't be able to get there till next summer the way things are here.

Quick Reply: Indian Larry bike shop